Sr Software Developer
PSEG Company: PSEG Services Corp.
Salary Range: $ 89,400 - $ 169,900
Incentive: PIP 15%
Work Location Category: Remote Local
PSEG operates under a Flexible Work Model where flexible work is offered when job requirements allow. In support of this model, roles have been categorized into one of four work location categories: onsite roles, hybrid roles that are a blend of onsite and remote work, remote local roles that are primarily home-based but require some level of purpose-driven in-person interaction and living within a commutable distance, and remote non-local roles that can be effectively performed remotely with the ability to work in approved states.
PSEG offers a unique experience to our more than 12,000 employees – we provide the resources and opportunities for career development that come with being a Fortune 500 company, as well as the attention, camaraderie and care for one another you might typically associate with a small business. Our focus on combatting climate change through clean energy technology, our new net zero climate vision for 2030 and enhanced commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion; and supporting the communities we serve make this a particularly exciting time to join PSEG.
The Technology Software Engineer is involved in the full systems life cycle and responsible for designing, coding, testing, implementing and supporting application software and systems. Software Engineers work closely with Business Analysts and Group Product Managers to understand the business requirements that drive the analysis and physical design of technical solutions. Software engineers may be assigned to either development or support functions. Development involves writing new programs whereas support involves upgrades, maintenance or issue resolution to existing applications and systems.
• Analyzes end-user needs and designs, develops and tests software to satisfy demand. Performs build versus buy analysis for business demand.
• Partners with business analysts to translate business requirements to application requirements. May evaluate existing applications and platforms and provides recommendations for improving application performance by conducting gap analysis, identifying feasible alternative solutions, and assisting in the scope of modifications.
• Creates process flowcharts, diagrams, and other related documentation; Develops technical workflows using different modeling techniques.
• Collaborates with enterprise architects and infrastructure to integrate applications and hardware.
• Ensures that the design and application implementation meets security and QA standards. Suggests fixes to issues by doing a thorough analysis of root cause and impact of the defect.
• Analyzes application reports to ensure that the functionality and performance meets all product and service level requirements.
• Codes applications using a disciplined development process. Works on coding tasks that require skills in multiple technical environments and knowledge of a specific business area.
• Provides daily support with resolution of escalated tickets. Applies operation break fixes and other proactive maintenance activities until permanent solutions can be implemented. Supports and participates in the software deployment process for new modules, upgrades and fixes to the production environment.
• Documents functions and changes to new or modified modules and test activities/results.
• Makes modules production-ready by moving them to libraries, completing forms, following procedures, completing version control documents, etc.
• Monitor critical systems during storms and other major events.
• Address emerging Cyber vulnerabilities across digital channels.
Job Specific Qualifications
Required Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Information Technology, Computer Engineering or Information Sciences preferred, or equivalent experience.
• 6 or more years of work experience in web and software development.
• Experience with relational databases such as SQL Server, Oracle, Aurora, Postgres, MongoDB
Key Skills and Knowledge:
• Experience with translating business requirements into system functional and non-functional requirements.
• Experience with business and system process flow techniques using UML (e.g. Use Case Diagrams, Activity Diagrams, Entity Relationship Diagrams).
• Experience with specific phases of the software development life cycle, especially Agile, Iterative, and Waterfall.
• Ability to create both technical and non-technical end-user documentation.
• Basic knowledge of the practical application of role specific engineering science and technology including applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and production of various goods and services.
• Ability to work independently and multi-task effectively.
• Demonstrated understanding of projects from the perspective of both client and business.
• Flexible and willing to accept a change in priorities as necessary.
• Strong attention to details.
• Excellent problem solving skills.
• Ability to learn new business and technical concepts.
• Relevant certification is preferred such as Amazon Web Services (AWS) or Azure
• Experience designing graphical user interfaces using graphical design tools (e.g. Photoshop, MS Visio)
• Experience with mobile app development (iOS, Android)
• Alexa skill development
• Experience with Sitecore Content Management System version 10.x
Minimum Years of Experience
Certain positions at the Company may require you to have access to Part 810-Controlled Information. Under the law, the Company is limited in who it can share this information with and in certain circumstances it is necessary to obtain specific authorization before the Company can share this information. Accordingly, if the position does require access to this information, you must complete a 10 CFR Part 810 Export Control Compliance Nationality Request Form, a copy of which will be provided to you by Talent Acquisition if an offer is made. If there is a need for specific authorization, due to the time it takes to obtain authorization from the government, we will likely not be able to further proceed with an offer
Candidates must foster an inclusive work environment and respect all aspects of diversity. Successful candidates must demonstrate and value differences in others' strengths, perspectives, approaches, and personal choices.
As an employee of PSE&G or PSEG LI, you should be aware that during storm restoration efforts, you may be required to perform functions outside of your routine duties and on a schedule that may be different from normal operations.
Certain positions at the Company may require you to have access to 10 CFR Part 810 controlled information. If the position does require access to this information, the Talent Acquisition representative will provide further details upon making an offer.
PSEG is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment, including the hiring process, based on any legally protected characteristic. Legally protected characteristics include race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law in locations where PSEG employs individuals.
Business needs may cause PSEG to cancel or delay filling position at any time during the selection process.
This site (http://www.pseg.com) is strictly for candidates who are not currently PSEG employees. PSEG employees must apply for jobs internally through emPower which can be accessed through [Register to View] by clicking on the emPower icon, then selecting careers.
PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES:
PSEG is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you have a disability and need assistance applying for a position, please call [Register to View] or email [Register to View] If you need to request a reasonable accommodation to perform the essential functions of the job, email [Register to View]