Desktop Engineering Technology Group Product Manager
PSEG Company: PSEG Long Island
Salary Range: $ 121,300 - $ 242,600
Incentive: PIP 20%
Work Location Category: Remote Local
PSEG operates under a Flexible Work Model where flexible work is offered when job requirements allow. In support of this model, roles have been categorized into one of four work location categories: onsite roles, hybrid roles that are a blend of onsite and remote work, remote local roles that are primarily home-based but require some level of purpose-driven in-person interaction and living within a commutable distance, and remote non-local roles that can be effectively performed remotely with the ability to work in approved states.
PSEG offers a unique experience to our more than 12,000 employees – we provide the resources and opportunities for career development that come with being a Fortune 500 company, as well as the attention, camaraderie and care for one another you might typically associate with a small business. Our focus on combatting climate change through clean energy technology, our new net zero climate vision for 2030 and enhanced commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion; and supporting the communities we serve make this a particularly exciting time to join PSEG.
Consistent with our core commitment of safety, PSEG has made the decision to require all new hires to be fully COVID-19 vaccinated as a condition of hire. "Full vaccination" is defined as two weeks after both doses of a two-dose vaccine or two weeks since a single-dose vaccine has been administered. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a disability can request a reasonable accommodation.
The Workplace Products & Services Manager will be responsible for creating roadmaps and building programs for workplace service delivery while also providing technical leadership to align workplace services to meet business and application needs. The Manager will oversee the delivery of all End User related products and services, including End User device support, software deployment, ticket processing, Identity Access Management, and collaboration tools. The Manager will need to constantly seek feedback from users across the organization and ensure the appropriate support model is in place to meet enterprise requirements and field support SLAs. This role has overall responsibility for the performance of all IT initiatives, teams, and personnel related to Desktop Engineering, End User Services, Field Services and Collaboration.
• Provide direction and support in day-to-day operations of all workplace products, including deployment of various end user software (e.g., Windows, O365, Citrix, BigFix, Mobile Data Terminals, Zoom), and achieving key SLA’s.
• Provide oversight and efficiency opportunity recommendations to PC field services, deployment, retrieval, ticket processing and manage relationship with existing vendor(s)
• Align and support with strategic direction of broader IT organization. Own strategic plans and identify key innovative technologies that enhance customer experience, simplifies current landscape and processes.
• Maintain, implement and monitor software and patches in support of security compliance for PSEG Long Island End User Services
• Manage and maintain IT asset inventory and full life cycle replacement for end user devices
• Manage team performance, coach and mentor team members, and develop a succession plan for the group
• Identify, document, and implement end user related policies and processes; ensure compliance with corporate policies, procedures, and standards
• Prepare and manage budget and finances for area of responsibility including participation in required business case development. Identify areas to reduce cost.
• Drive operational excellence and continuous improvement mindset across the operational activities. Proactively identify key areas of improvements needed. Leverage/Ensure that standards and procedures are in place for the work of his or her team.
• Lead team of IT associates. Responsible attracting talent, performance evaluation, career development, coaching and counseling and manage compensation
Job Specific Qualifications
Required Skills, Competencies, Education or Experience:
• Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Business or a related field 9+ years relevant experience within the information technology field or an industry with reliance on technical expertise.
• Sound expertise in IT resource management, job positions, career paths, recruiting, and compensation.
• Understanding of key processes, systems, tools, and best practices in end user device management, IT service management and collaboration tools
• Knowledge of desktop, PC, and other end user device management systems and solutions
• Expertise in Windows, O365, Citrix, BigFix or SCCM, Collaboration Tools
• Knowledge of market offerings to compare with existing tools in the organization and provide appropriate recommendations
• Ability to proactively communicate technical topics in a clear, succinct, and relevant way.
• Proven experience and understanding of general finance, IT procurement, IT financial operations and managing IT cost centers in large corporate environments.
• Track record as an innovator and agent leading organizations and people through change.
• Business acumen.
• Strong leadership and influence skills.
• Excellent teamwork, facilitation, relationship building, and negotiation skills
• Excellent teamwork, facilitation, relationship building, and negotiation skills.
Desired Skills, Competencies, Education or Experience:
- Advanced degree, e.g. Masters of Business Administration
- ITIL or equivalent certifications
- Familiarity with industry standards and guidelines (i.e. NERC CIP)
- Experience with cloud technologies
- Experience with managing projects
- 6+ years of experience managing team of 5+ staff or external contractors
Minimum Years of Experience
Certain positions at the Company may require you to have access to Part 810-Controlled Information. Under the law, the Company is limited in who it can share this information with and in certain circumstances it is necessary to obtain specific authorization before the Company can share this information. Accordingly, if the position does require access to this information, you must complete a 10 CFR Part 810 Export Control Compliance Nationality Request Form, a copy of which will be provided to you by Talent Acquisition if an offer is made. If there is a need for specific authorization, due to the time it takes to obtain authorization from the government, we will likely not be able to further proceed with an offer.
Candidates must foster an inclusive work environment and respect all aspects of diversity. Successful candidates must demonstrate and value differences in others' strengths, perspectives, approaches, and personal choices.
As an employee of PSE&G or PSEG LI, you should be aware that during storm restoration efforts, you may be required to perform functions outside of your routine duties and on a schedule that may be different from normal operations.
Certain positions at the Company may require you to have access to 10 CFR Part 810 controlled information. If the position does require access to this information, the Talent Acquisition representative will provide further details upon making an offer.
PSEG is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment, including the hiring process, based on any legally protected characteristic. Legally protected characteristics include race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law in locations where PSEG employs individuals.
Business needs may cause PSEG to cancel or delay filling position at any time during the selection process.
This site (http://www.pseg.com) is strictly for candidates who are not currently PSEG employees. PSEG employees must apply for jobs internally through emPower which can be accessed through [Register to View] by clicking on the emPower icon, then selecting careers.
PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES:
PSEG is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you have a disability and need assistance applying for a position, please call [Register to View] or email [Register to View] If you need to request a reasonable accommodation to perform the essential functions of the job, email [Register to View]