Principal Integration Engineer - MuleSoft
PSEG Company: PSEG Services Corp.
Salary Range: $ 103,900 - $ 207,700
Incentive: PIP 15%
Work Location Category: Remote Local
PSEG operates under a Flexible Work Model where flexible work is offered when job requirements allow. In support of this model, roles have been categorized into one of four work location categories: onsite roles, hybrid roles that are a blend of onsite and remote work, remote local roles that are primarily home-based but require some level of purpose-driven in-person interaction and living within a commutable distance, and remote non-local roles that can be effectively performed remotely with the ability to work in approved states.
PSEG offers a unique experience to our more than 12,000 employees – we provide the resources and opportunities for career development that come with being a Fortune 500 company, as well as the attention, camaraderie and care for one another you might typically associate with a small business. Our focus on combatting climate change through clean energy technology, our new net zero climate vision for 2030 and enhanced commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion; and supporting the communities we serve make this a particularly exciting time to join PSEG.
Consistent with our core commitment of safety, PSEG has made the decision to require all new hires to be fully COVID-19 vaccinated as a condition of hire. "Full vaccination" is defined as two weeks after both doses of a two-dose vaccine or two weeks since a single-dose vaccine has been administered. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a disability can request a reasonable accommodation.
The MuleSoft Center of Excellence (CoE) is responsible for developing integrations that enable the electric and gas applications to service our customers. We are responsible for some of the critical software solutions that PSEG customers and field interact with daily. We are looking for a motivated and self-driven resource for the Principal MuleSoft Engineer role to join our rapidly growing and passionate team. As a Principal MuleSoft Engineer, you will engage directly with business and delivery teams to understand their requirements and accordingly design, develop and implement solutions that are scalable and robust. You will be responsible for enterprise integration patterns, and developing reusable, endpoint APIs leveraged by our internal and external partners
Please note this position is hybrid, comprised of remote and in office work. PSEG reserves the right to amend the hybrid model at any time.
- Create a collaborative team environment with business function stakeholders, business process leads, teams across IT, and project delivery teams
- Engage on projects as a CoE trusted advisor and consultant to address client questions, make architecture recommendations, educate delivery team, and support them on the project w.r.t PSEG’s standards for Requirements, Architecture, Design, Code, Test, Deployment and Operational Lifecycle
- Assist with solution planning for new projects and translate business requirements into a technical approach that utilizes strong design and development patterns and frameworks
- Apply API-led connectivity concepts to business initiatives to help organizations achieve goals with APIs
- Oversee and participate in all phases of the development life cycle on project engagements, including requirements gathering, design, development, testing, documentation, deployment, and support of APIs & Integrations leveraging MuleSoft AnyPoint platform
- Help manage the technical scope on engagements to prevent scope creep and deviation from the contract
- Follow good practices and project guidelines in all cases including project preparation, analysis, design, the use of source code control, automated testing and deployment approaches, test-case-based development, and proper documentation practices to ensure solution quality
- Design and develop reusable assets and components to support and facilitate API and integration projects
- Provide business application support to end-users through problem solving, developing innovative solutions, and leading proactive systems maintenance
- Identify risks related to integration delivery and work with delivery teams to proactively mitigate them
- Research latest platform capabilities, develop prototypes to serve as reference for future projects
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or the equivalent relevant experience
- 8 years of software development experience; 5+ years of experience in a hands-on Integration Developer role, working through the full Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), 3+ years of experience leading teams and designing complex MuleSoft APIs that span all layers of the MuleSoft application architecture
- 4+ years of experience in a hands-on Integration Developer role, working through the full Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- 2+ years of experience leading teams and designing complex MuleSoft APIs that span all layers of the MuleSoft application architecture
- Expert knowledge of MuleSoft platform capabilities and architecture with experience of server administration and physical deployment (On Cloud, On Premise and Hybrid)
- Expert knowledge of API design patterns and programming standards
- Ability to interact with business users to understand requirements in order to translate them into design specifications
- Working knowledge of on-premise/cloud-based infrastructures, SDLC pipelines, and deployments/configurations and definition/evangelism of best practices/standards
- Desirable to have at least 2 MuleSoft technical certifications. Mulesoft Certified Integration Architect preferred
- Experience integrating with Salesforce, SAP is desirable. Experience with SAP-XI or PI is highly desirable
- Experience leading technical teams and mentoring junior level resources, consultants, and clients while leading internal initiatives
- Technically savvy and proven experience in working well in a highly dynamic environment while maintaining strong relationship with stakeholders & teammates
- Work independently to tackle well-scoped and loosely scoped problems
- Flexible and willing to accept a change in priorities as necessary with a strong attention to detail
- Excellent problem solving skills and strong ability to learn new business and technical concepts
Certain positions at the Company may require you to have access to Part 810-Controlled Information. Under the law, the Company is limited in who it can share this information with and in certain circumstances it is necessary to obtain specific authorization before the Company can share this information. Accordingly, if the position does require access to this information, you must complete a 10 CFR Part 810 Export Control Compliance Nationality Request Form, a copy of which will be provided to you by Talent Acquisition if an offer is made. If there is a need for specific authorization, due to the time it takes to obtain authorization from the government, we will likely not be able to further proceed with an offer.
Candidates must foster an inclusive work environment and respect all aspects of diversity. Successful candidates must demonstrate and value differences in others' strengths, perspectives, approaches, and personal choices.
As an employee of PSE&G or PSEG LI, you should be aware that during storm restoration efforts, you may be required to perform functions outside of your routine duties and on a schedule that may be different from normal operations.
Certain positions at the Company may require you to have access to 10 CFR Part 810 controlled information. If the position does require access to this information, the Talent Acquisition representative will provide further details upon making an offer.
PSEG is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment, including the hiring process, based on any legally protected characteristic. Legally protected characteristics include race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law in locations where PSEG employs individuals.
Business needs may cause PSEG to cancel or delay filling position at any time during the selection process.
This site (http://www.pseg.com) is strictly for candidates who are not currently PSEG employees. PSEG employees must apply for jobs internally through emPower which can be accessed through [Register to View] by clicking on the emPower icon, then selecting careers.
PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES:
PSEG is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you have a disability and need assistance applying for a position, please call [Register to View] or email [Register to View] If you need to request a reasonable accommodation to perform the essential functions of the job, email [Register to View]