Security Training & Development Specialist
Argonne Safeguards and Security Division (SAS) is hiring a Security Training Coordinator. The successful candidate will be responsible for the development, implementation and execution of the Protective Force (PF) Training Program to effectively meet DOE and CFR requirements which includes, but are not limited to the following: instruct a 120 hour Basic Security Officer Training Course for new hires to include 40 hour Intermediate Force Certification; provide refresher training consisting of a multitude of field performance tests as well as delivering daily and monthly training; provide remedial training; work in coordination with PF Key Contract Personnel to ensure PF effectiveness; liaison with DOE National Training Center (NTC) for continued training course development; administrative functions - maintaining all personnel training files, related documents and several security systems; assist in the development and revision of related policies, procedures, job aides and operational plans; track, trend and conduct analysis to ensure continuous improvement of PF personnel; assist with field operations during select emergencies. Also responsible for maintaining the fleet of PF patrol vehicles (6) and PF uniforms, equipment and office inventory.
- Demonstrated security related and training instructor experience
- Excellent self-initiative and strong work ethic
- Effective and proactive communicator
- Must possess technical competency of systems, programs and applications and the ability to understand integrations between those systems
- Ability to gather, analyze and organize information from a variety of resources and databases
- Strong emphasis on time management, organizational skills and prioritization of work load
- Knowledge of criminal justice, industrial security and/or law enforcement is desired
- Knowledge of Laboratory infrastructure, processes and DOE orders as they pertain to security operations is favored
- Become a DOE certified Basic Instructor
- Become a DOE certified Intermediate Force Instructor (physical training)
- Position requires occasional shift work (24/7 operation) as well as weekend work to satisfy training demands of the PF personnel. Ability to travel for continued education and certification is required.
The selected candidate will be placed at the PA2 or PA3 level depending upon qualifications.
Successful applicants for this position must provide proof of U.S. citizenship, be able to successfully obtain a "Q" security clearance, and pass a drug test prior to employment as defined in 10 CFR 707.4.
Job FamilyProfessional Administrative (PA)
Job ProfileSecurity 2
Time TypeFull time
As an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, and in accordance with our core values of impact, safety, respect, integrity and teamwork, Argonne National Laboratory is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace that fosters collaborative scientific discovery and innovation. In support of this commitment, Argonne encourages minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities to apply for employment. Argonne considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to age, ancestry, citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Argonne employees, and certain guest researchers and contractors, are subject to particular restrictions related to participation in Foreign Government Sponsored or Affiliated Activities, as defined and detailed in United States Department of Energy Order 486.1A. You will be asked to disclose any such participation in the application phase for review by Argonne's Legal Department.
All Argonne offers of employment are contingent upon a background check that includes an assessment of criminal conviction history conducted on an individualized and case-by-case basis. Please be advised that Argonne positions require upon hire (or may require in the future) for the individual be to obtain a government access authorization that involves additional background check requirements. Failure to obtain or maintain such government access authorization could result in the withdrawal of a job offer or future termination of employment.
Please note that all Argonne employees are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19. All successful applicants will be required to provide their COVID-19 vaccination verification as a condition of employment, subject to limited legally recognized exemptions to COVID-19 vaccination.