Construction Project Manager - Hybrid
Argonne National Laboratory has an opportunity for a talented Project Manager-Infrastructure within the Project Management Office Division.
The Project Manager is responsible for managing a portfolio of multiple repair projects typically values at less than $500,000 with a total portfolio typically values at no more than $3 million. Work is focused on facility infrastructure improvements; but may occasionally manage smaller Institutional General Plant Projects (IGPP). Interacts mainly with Operations Managers and principal investigators.
- Skilled in preparing the construction specifications, estimating the cost, and managing the installation and/or construction of components and systems.
- Knowledge of personnel and construction management principles and tools.
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills and the ability to works with all level of internal and external contacts and to build excellent working relationships.
- Skilled and demonstrated expertise in management and leadership techniques and in technical direction and supervision.
- Skilled in negotiation and the ability to achieve designated project goals.
- Knowledge of engineering principles, practices, codes and standards, as applied to the delivery of construction projects.
- Working skills in job related use of computers.
- Ability to model Argonne’s Core Values: Impact, Safety, Respect, Integrity, and Teamwork.
This level of knowledge and expertise is typically attained through a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in a related field and 4+ years’ experience.
Other: Professional registration in project management, i.e., PMP, engineering, construction management or architecture is highly desirable. Entrance to this level will require demonstrated and or documented previous experience or expertise in project management of a commensurate scope. The incumbent will further be expected to continue their professional development through participation in program reviews and professional certification programs, and through membership in professional organizations and attendance at project management conferences.
This position involves the broad application of principles, theories and concepts in the discipline. This position provides resolution to a diverse range of complex problems.
The selected candidate will be placed at the appropriate level (PT3 or PT4) dependent upon depth and breadth of relevant knowledge and skills brought to the position, as well as the amount of relevant experience. The requirements of the various levels are as follows:
- At a PT3 Level: Bachelor’s and 4+ years or equivalent, some occupations may require graduate degree and 2+ years or equivalent.
- At a PT4 Level: Bachelor’s and 6+ years or equivalent, some occupations may require graduate degree and 4+ years or equivalent.
Job FamilyProfessional Technical (PT)
Job ProfileProject Management and Planning 3
Time TypeFull time
As an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, and in accordance with our core values of impact, safety, respect, integrity and teamwork, Argonne National Laboratory is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace that fosters collaborative scientific discovery and innovation. In support of this commitment, Argonne encourages minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities to apply for employment. Argonne considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to age, ancestry, citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Argonne employees, and certain guest researchers and contractors, are subject to particular restrictions related to participation in Foreign Government Sponsored or Affiliated Activities, as defined and detailed in United States Department of Energy Order 486.1A. You will be asked to disclose any such participation in the application phase for review by Argonne's Legal Department.
All Argonne offers of employment are contingent upon a background check that includes an assessment of criminal conviction history conducted on an individualized and case-by-case basis. Please be advised that Argonne positions require upon hire (or may require in the future) for the individual be to obtain a government access authorization that involves additional background check requirements. Failure to obtain or maintain such government access authorization could result in the withdrawal of a job offer or future termination of employment.
Please note that all Argonne employees are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19. All successful applicants will be required to provide their COVID-19 vaccination verification as a condition of employment, subject to limited legally recognized exemptions to COVID-19 vaccination.