Co-op Electrical Engineer
Are you interested in being part of an innovative team that supports Westinghouse’s mission to provide clean energy solutions? At Westinghouse, we recognize that our employees are our most valuable asset and we seek to identify, attract and recruit the most qualified talent while recognizing and encouraging the value of diversity in the global workplace.
If this sounds like an environment you would thrive in, we have an exciting opportunity for a college student studying to be an Electrical Engineer Co-Op for the Spring 2023.
- Ability to work independently using basic knowledge obtained from core college courses
- Skills utilizing Software Packages such as Mathcad, Matlab, PSPice or equivalent and ability to learn other new packages quickly.
- Knowledge using Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, and Access
- Under the direction of a qualified Electrical Engineer you will be assisting in engineering design and/or analysis for nuclear products/projects including electrical system design, instrumentation and controls designs, and system wiring;
- Interfacing with other internal functional groups on similar engineering level to obtain information necessary to perform work assignments;
- Planning and organizing your work to meet assignment requirements.
- Ability to learn to evaluate, select and utilize standards, techniques, procedures and criteria for development of engineering design documents including calculations and specifications.
Who You Are:
As a successful candidate, you will bring the following to the team:
- Minimum Requirements
- Pursuing Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree program in Electrical Engineering
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 strongly preferred.
- US Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Willing to travel and accept temporary site assignments that may require relocation
- Candidate must meet the criteria for access to the company’s, partners’, and clients’ technologies
Westinghouse Electric Company is the global nuclear energy industry’s first choice for safe, clean, and efficient energy solutions. We enable our delivery of this vision by living our value system:
- Safety and Quality
- Integrity and Trust
- Customer Focus and Innovation
- Speed and Passion to Win
- Teamwork and Accountability
Westinghouse offers competitive benefits to all our employees around the globe to keep them healthy and enhance their well-being. In the U.S. the following are representative of what we offer:
- Competitive Salary
- Comprehensive Health, Wellness and Income Protection Benefits
- 401(k) Savings Plan with Company Match
- Paid Vacations and Holidays
- Opportunities for Flexible Work Arrangements
- Educational Reimbursement Program
- Employee Referral Program
While our Global Headquarters are located in Cranberry Township, PA, we have over 9,000 employees working at locations in 19 different countries. You can learn more by visiting [Register to View] .
EOE of Minorities / Females / Vets / Disability.
Get connected with Westinghouse on social media:
[Register to View] | [Register to View] | [Register to View] | [Register to View]