Are you interested in being part of an innovative team that supports Westinghouse’s mission to provide clean energy solutions? At Westinghouse, we recognize that our employees are our most valuable asset and we seek to identify, attract and recruit the most qualified talent while recognizing and encouraging the value of diversity in the global workplace.
If this sounds like an environment you would thrive in, we have an exciting opportunity for a Mechanical Engineer in our Materials & Aging Management team based in Cranberry Township, PA.
* Perform calculations for and apply the ASME Code to the design and analysis of reactor vessel internals components.
* Evaluate nuclear power plant components using Finite Element Analysis (FEA).
* Qualify replacement reactor internals components for plant operation (e.g., structural evaluations including stress and fatigue).
* Address degradation observed in plant components to permit continued operation.
* Develop inspection acceptance criteria for nuclear power plant components. Examples include acceptable bolting pattern analyses and flaw acceptance criteria for cracked components.
* Support larger generic projects that are developing the industry guidance and requirements for safe long-term operation of nuclear power plant reactor vessel internals components.
Who You Are:
As a successful candidate, you will bring the following to the team:
* Bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline is required, preferably mechanical engineering.
* Minimum 3.0 GPA strongly preferred
* 0-2 years of applicable experience.
* Strong analytical, communication, organizational, and time management skills.
* Experience with or knowledge of materials science beneficial, but not required.
* Willing to complete a rotational assignment at a domestic plant site.
Westinghouse Electric Company is the global nuclear energy industry’s first choice for safe, clean, and efficient energy solutions. We enable our delivery of this vision by living our value system:
- Safety and Quality
- Integrity and Trust
- Customer Focus and Innovation
- Speed and Passion to Win
- Teamwork and Accountability
Westinghouse offers competitive benefits to all our employees around the globe to keep them healthy and enhance their well-being. In the U.S. the following are representative of what we offer:
- Competitive Salary
- Comprehensive Health, Wellness and Income Protection Benefits
- 401(k) Savings Plan with Company Match
- Paid Vacations and Holidays
- Opportunities for Flexible Work Arrangements
- Educational Reimbursement Program
- Employee Referral Program
While our Global Headquarters are located in Cranberry Township, PA, we have over 9,000 employees working at locations in 19 different countries. You can learn more by visiting [Register to View] .
EOE of Minorities / Females / Vets / Disability.