Mechanical Parts Product Engineer
Are you interested in being part of an innovative team that supports Westinghouse’s mission to provide clean energy solutions? At Westinghouse, we recognize that our employees are our most valuable asset and we seek to identify, attract and recruit the most qualified talent while recognizing and encouraging the value of diversity in the global workplace!
In the newly formed Westinghouse Parts Business, the Mechanical Parts Product Engineer will have the opportunity to seek out opportunities for rapid growth and market development!
This position is based out of our New Stanton, PA facility, and the incumben will preferably be able to be in the office 2 days/week.
Your Day to Day:
- Supplier Teaming Relationships
- New Part Innovation
- Market Assessments (Supplier, Competition, Installed Base, Heat Map)
- Development of Marketing Materials
- Capture Plans
- Project Execution
- Customer Meetings (travel)
- Proposal Development
- Business Development
- Financial Evaluations
- Acquisition Assessment
- Working with Engineering on part design, obsolescence issues, qualification assessments, etc.
- Interface with global customers, vendors and internal groups on engineering and commercial levels
- Problem solving related to customer issues, new product development, and supplier teaming
- Independent assignments related to technical solutions, business opportunities, and innovation
- Travel to customers located worldwide (North and South America, Europe and Asia)
- Lead or support project teams effectively contributing to the technical execution as well as the schedule and financial objectives.
- Identify and support strategic initiatives, develop product offerings and pursue target product markets.
- Develop and support innovation products from conception through marketing and delivery.
- Develop and support supplier teaming arrangement initiatives that improve the Westinghouse commercial and product offering
Who You Are:
- Bachelor's degree in engineering - Chemical, Mechanical, Electrical, Nuclear or business degree in a technical field
- 5+ years of applicable experience (Product Development, Technical Offer Development, Design Engineering, or related) required
Westinghouse Electric Company is the global nuclear energy industry’s first choice for safe, clean, and efficient energy solutions. We enable our delivery of this vision by living our value system:
- Safety and Quality
- Integrity and Trust
- Customer Focus and Innovation
- Speed and Passion to Win
- Teamwork and Accountability
Westinghouse offers competitive benefits to all our employees around the globe to keep them healthy and enhance their well-being. In the U.S. the following are representative of what we offer:
- Competitive Salary
- Comprehensive Health, Wellness and Income Protection Benefits
- 401(k) Savings Plan with Company Match
- Paid Vacations and Holidays
- Opportunities for Flexible Work Arrangements
- Educational Reimbursement Program
- Employee Referral Program
While our Global Headquarters are located in Cranberry Township, PA, we have over 9,000 employees working at locations in 19 different countries. You can learn more by visiting [Register to View] .
EOE of Minorities / Females / Vets / Disability.
Get connected with Westinghouse on social media:
[Register to View] | [Register to View] | [Register to View] | [Register to View]