Are you interested in being part of an innovative team that supports Westinghouse’s mission to provide clean energy solutions? At Westinghouse, we recognize that our employees are our most valuable asset and we seek to identify, attract and recruit the most qualified talent while recognizing and encouraging the value of diversity in the global workplace.
If this sounds like an environment you would thrive in, we have an exciting opportunity for a Mechanical Engineer on our Reactor Vessel Upper Internals Design Analysis Team based in Cranberry Township, PA.
- Providing technical support for assigned work performed in the areas of reactor vessel internals design and analysis.
- Performing analytical calculations and evaluations using a variety of engineering tools and methods. Develop documentation related to these calculations and analyses.
- Development of design documentation for safety and non-safety related hardware; this includes manufacturing drawings, functional and design specifications, as well as qualification reports.
- Interfacing with technical leads, project managers, and customers in the coordination of activities associated with assigned work scope, as required.
- Occasionally traveling to customer and manufacturing vendor sites to provide on-site support, deliver presentations, and aid in issue resolution.
- An initial assignment for 3-6 months at a domestic nuclear plant construction site will be required.
Who You Are:
As a successful candidate, you will bring the following to the team:
- BS Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Engineering Mechanics or recognized equivalent required.
- Minimum 3.0 GPA preferred
- 0-3 years of experience .
- Completion of the Fundamentals of Engineering Exam is preferred
- Must possess analytical skills, critical thinking, a passion for attention to details and excellent communication skills including technical writing.
- Capability to understand and interpret design documents including drawings and calculation summaries.
- Capacity for conceptual design and development of design drawings.
- Understanding of basic manufacturing such as machining, assembly, and welding is preferred.
- Willingness to work on construction site for the initial 3 to 6 months required.
Westinghouse Electric Company is the global nuclear energy industry’s first choice for safe, clean, and efficient energy solutions. We enable our delivery of this vision by living our value system:
- Safety and Quality
- Integrity and Trust
- Customer Focus and Innovation
- Speed and Passion to Win
- Teamwork and Accountability
Westinghouse offers competitive benefits to all our employees around the globe to keep them healthy and enhance their well-being. In the U.S. the following are representative of what we offer:
- Competitive Salary
- Comprehensive Health, Wellness and Income Protection Benefits
- 401(k) Savings Plan with Company Match
- Paid Vacations and Holidays
- Opportunities for Flexible Work Arrangements
- Educational Reimbursement Program
- Employee Referral Program
While our Global Headquarters are located in Cranberry Township, PA, we have over 9,000 employees working at locations in 19 different countries. You can learn more by visiting [Register to View] .
EOE of Minorities / Females / Vets / Disability.
Get connected with Westinghouse on social media:
[Register to View] | [Register to View] | [Register to View] | [Register to View]