PSEG Company: PSEG Long Island
Salary Range: $ 61,200 - $ 110,200
Incentive: PIP 10%
Work Location Category: Onsite
PSEG operates under a Flexible Work Model where flexible work is offered when job requirements allow. In support of this model, roles have been categorized into one of four work location categories: onsite roles, hybrid roles that are a blend of onsite and remote work, remote local roles that are primarily home-based but require some level of purpose-driven in-person interaction and living within a commutable distance, and remote non-local roles that can be effectively performed remotely with the ability to work in approved states.
PSEG offers a unique experience to our more than 12,000 employees – we provide the resources and opportunities for career development that come with being a Fortune 500 company, as well as the attention, camaraderie and care for one another you might typically associate with a small business. Our focus on combatting climate change through clean energy technology, our new net zero climate vision for 2030 and enhanced commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion; and supporting the communities we serve make this a particularly exciting time to join PSEG.
Schedule Customer Design Representatives workload to effectively meet/exceed Customers expectations and fulfill capital project in-service requirements.
- Manage the day to day relationships with relevant internal and external stakeholders in order to understand their need dates, schedule resources, ensure work progression and deliver appropriate solutions in line with policies and processes.
- Facilitate periodic scheduling meetings with key stakeholders in order to fully explain scheduling decisions, review strategy, and support the implementation of policies and process.
- Attend bi-weekly work plan meetings to discuss aggregate workload and make adjustments as necessary.
- Determine & apply resource strategies, including roving, overtime, and contractor usage to ensure efficient scheduling and resolve scheduling conflicts.
- Effectively communicate scheduled priorities and changes across lines of business.
- Manage backlog of work available for scheduling, as well as assisting with overall design & construction backlog management.
- Communicate with customers to coordinate appointments, schedule outages, resolve inquires, and any other communications that may be necessary.At times will be called upon to supervise field/contractor personnel during storm restoration events; to augment
At times will be called upon to supervise field/contractor personnel during storm restoration events; to augment the OH/UG Lines stand-by rotation taking on the Supervisor's responsibilities; and/or during periods of supervisory absence such as vacation, illness or shortage of supervisory.
Work with the Inside Plant management to schedule capital and O&M work
Job Specific Qualifications
Required Education, skills and competencie:
- BA with minimum of 1 year of experience, preferably in the scheduling, design, or construction areas of the electric utility industry. OR
- Associates Degree in a related area and 4 years equivalent work experience;
- Demonstrate personal accountability and excellent organizational skills to deliver performance excellence.
- Knowledge of relevant industry practices, local labor agreements, geographical constraints, electrical equipment, vehicles, tools, construction practices, and understanding of corporate finance & budget practices.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills are necessary to effectively interface and communicate with people at all levels across organizational boundaries.
- Proficient in relevant software e.g. Microsoft Office, CAS, & EGIS and have the technical ability to quickly learn new systems and applications.
Certain positions at the Company may require you to have access to Part 810-Controlled Information. Under the law, the Company is limited in who it can share this information with and in certain circumstances it is necessary to obtain specific authorization before the Company can share this information. Accordingly, if the position does require access to this information, you must complete a 10 CFR Part 810 Export Control Compliance Nationality Request Form, a copy of which will be provided to you by Talent Acquisition if an offer is made. If there is a need for specific authorization, due to the time it takes to obtain authorization from the government, we will likely not be able to further proceed with an offer.
Candidates must foster an inclusive work environment and respect all aspects of diversity. Successful candidates must demonstrate and value differences in others' strengths, perspectives, approaches, and personal choices.
As an employee of PSE&G or PSEG LI, you should be aware that during storm restoration efforts, you may be required to perform functions outside of your routine duties and on a schedule that may be different from normal operations.
Certain positions at the Company may require you to have access to 10 CFR Part 810 controlled information. If the position does require access to this information, the Talent Acquisition representative will provide further details upon making an offer.
PSEG is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment, including the hiring process, based on any legally protected characteristic. Legally protected characteristics include race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law in locations where PSEG employs individuals.
Business needs may cause PSEG to cancel or delay filling position at any time during the selection process.
This site (http://www.pseg.com) is strictly for candidates who are not currently PSEG employees. PSEG employees must apply for jobs internally through emPower which can be accessed through [Register to View]
by clicking on the emPower icon, then selecting careers.
PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES:
PSEG is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you have a disability and need assistance applying for a position, please call [Register to View]
or email [Register to View]
If you need to request a reasonable accommodation to perform the essential functions of the job, email [Register to View]
[Register to View]