Engineer I : Mechanical , Nuclear , Chemical
Are you interested in being part of an innovative team that supports Westinghouse’s mission to provide clean energy solutions? At Westinghouse, we recognize that our employees are our most valuable asset and we seek to identify, attract and recruit the most qualified talent while recognizing and encouraging the value of diversity in the global workplace.
If this sounds like an environment you would thrive in, we have an exciting opportunity for a New Graduate Transient Analysis Engineer
Engineer will be responsible for performing design basis safety analysis for nuclear reactors, in particular for non-Loss of Coolant Accidents (non-LOCA) transients.
- Develop and assess thermal-hydraulic models to perform safety analysis calculations consistent with regulatory requirements
- Perform reload safety evaluations for each plant cycle
- Be cognizant of plant specific licensing basis, analyses of record
- Be point of contact for plant-specific non-LOCA specific inquiries from both internal and external customers
- Evaluate impacts of plant modifications and operating changes on design analysis
- Participate on project teams
- Communicate to responsible project manager on status of work projects
Who You Are:
As a successful candidate, you will bring the following to the team:
- B. S. in Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Nuclear Engineering Required (2022 & 2023 Graduates encouraged to apply).
- Minimum 3.0 GPA preferred
- Ability to apply fundamental engineering principles
- Concise and effective written and verbal skills
- Ability to independently establish and implement personal goals and action plans
- Ability to work seamlessly with remote team through various communication styles (email, phone, Microsoft Teams, etc.)
- Develop and deliver technical presentations to communicate a variety of issues: project status, problem resolution, engineering recommendations, etc.
- Interest in software programming and code development, while not required, is considered a benefit
Westinghouse Electric Company is the global nuclear energy industry’s first choice for safe, clean, and efficient energy solutions. We enable our delivery of this vision by living our value system:
- Safety and Quality
- Integrity and Trust
- Customer Focus and Innovation
- Speed and Passion to Win
- Teamwork and Accountability
Westinghouse offers competitive benefits to all our employees around the globe to keep them healthy and enhance their well-being. In the U.S. the following are representative of what we offer:
- Competitive Salary
- Comprehensive Health, Wellness and Income Protection Benefits
- 401(k) Savings Plan with Company Match
- Paid Vacations and Holidays
- Opportunities for Flexible Work Arrangements
- Educational Reimbursement Program
- Employee Referral Program
While our Global Headquarters are located in Cranberry Township, PA, we have over 9,000 employees working at locations in 19 different countries. You can learn more by visiting [Register to View] .
EOE of Minorities / Females / Vets / Disability.
Get connected with Westinghouse on social media:
[Register to View] | [Register to View] | [Register to View] | [Register to View]