Are you interested in being part of an innovative team that supports Westinghouse’s mission to provide clean energy solutions? At Westinghouse, we recognize that our employees are our most valuable asset and we seek to identify, attract and recruit the most qualified talent while recognizing and encouraging the value of diversity in the global workplace.
If this sounds like an environment you would thrive in, we have an exciting opportunity for an Electrical Engineer I, Based out of Windsor, Connecticut, US (Hybrid).
- Issue drawings, bill of materials and technical specifications for I&C Safety System products.
- Compile technical and quality documentation for procurement, testing and manufacturing of Safety System hardware products.
- Development of engineered solutions and part change evaluations to address obsolescence issues for various electrical products
- Interface with suppliers and/or manufacturing facilities to support technical issue resolution.
- Assist in the development of equipment qualification test procedures, support during testing, evaluate test results and review final reports
- Provide engineering support to customers, suppliers, manufacturing, and shop operations for a variety of products
- Perform engineering calculations in support of design or analysis of products.
- Execute assignments independently within project schedule and budgetary requirements.
- Ensure accuracy and completeness of assigned tasks.
Who You Are:
As a successful candidate, you will bring the following to the team:
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in an Electrical Engineering or related technical field is required, along with a minimum of 0-3 years of engineering experience.
- Knowledge of analog and digital circuit analysis/design desired.
- Awareness of field devices and control devices typical to the power industry is a plus
- Awareness of typical industry standard drawings including schematics, cabinet drawings and panel layouts is a plus
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.)
- Experience in AutoCAD/3D Modeling software is a plus
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a cross-functional team including engineering, testing, manufacturing, supply chain management, and suppliers
- Highly motivated, self-starter.
Westinghouse Electric Company is the global nuclear energy industry’s first choice for safe, clean, and efficient energy solutions. We enable our delivery of this vision by living our value system:
- Safety and Quality
- Integrity and Trust
- Customer Focus and Innovation
- Speed and Passion to Win
- Teamwork and Accountability
Westinghouse offers competitive benefits to all our employees around the globe to keep them healthy and enhance their well-being. In the U.S. the following are representative of what we offer:
- Competitive Salary
- Comprehensive Health, Wellness and Income Protection Benefits
- 401(k) Savings Plan with Company Match
- Paid Vacations and Holidays
- Opportunities for Flexible Work Arrangements
- Educational Reimbursement Program
- Employee Referral Program
While our Global Headquarters are located in Cranberry Township, PA, we have over 9,000 employees working at locations in 19 different countries. You can learn more by visiting [Register to View] .
EOE of Minorities / Females / Vets / Disability.
Get connected with Westinghouse on social media:
[Register to View] | [Register to View] | [Register to View] | [Register to View]