Intern - Electrical Engineering
Are you interested in being part of an innovative team that supports Westinghouse’s mission to provide clean energy solutions? At Westinghouse, we recognize that our employees are our most valuable asset and we seek to identify, attract and recruit the most qualified talent while recognizing and encouraging the value of diversity in the global workplace.
Electrical Engineering Intern
Western Zirconium, a Westinghouse Electrical Company, is looking for a highly motivated individual to fill a part time position as an Electrical Engineering intern. The position will allow engineering student to perform a variety of technical and engineering assignments for Engineering and Technology Group including design, drafting, and implementation of electrical, instrumentation and controls projects (Capital, Expense, Development) under the guidance of engineers.
Your Day to Day:
Engineering Design and Drafting –
- Learn and develop electrical 1-line diagram, power plan, electrical schematics and cable and conduit schedules
- Learn and develop piping and instrumentation diagrams (P&IDs)
- Learn and develop 2D drawings using AutoCAD software
- Perform inspection and verification of field conditions with 1-line and P&ID drawings.
- Get familiar with National Electrical Code and ISA standards
- Work with a team including multidiscipline drafters and engineers
Skill Required –
- Microsoft Excel and Word
- Experience in AutoCAD 2D a plus
- Desire to learn and excel in a team environment
- EIT certificate (FE exam) is a Plus
- Currently pursuing an Electrical Engineering degree in a accredit college/university as a Senior (Junior will be considered for exceptional candidate)
Westinghouse Electric Company is the global nuclear energy industry’s first choice for safe, clean, and efficient energy solutions. We enable our delivery of this vision by living our value system:
- Safety and Quality
- Integrity and Trust
- Customer Focus and Innovation
- Speed and Passion to Win
- Teamwork and Accountability
Westinghouse offers competitive benefits to all our employees around the globe to keep them healthy and enhance their well-being. In the U.S. the following are representative of what we offer:
- Competitive Salary
- Comprehensive Health, Wellness and Income Protection Benefits
- 401(k) Savings Plan with Company Match
- Paid Vacations and Holidays
- Opportunities for Flexible Work Arrangements
- Educational Reimbursement Program
- Employee Referral Program
While our Global Headquarters are located in Cranberry Township, PA, we have over 9,000 employees working at locations in 19 different countries. You can learn more by visiting [Register to View] .
EOE of Minorities / Females / Vets / Disability.
Get connected with Westinghouse on social media:
[Register to View] | [Register to View] | [Register to View] | [Register to View]