Mechanical Engineer / Mechanical Engineering Technician
Mechanical Engineer / Engineering Technician Specialist- 12-18 MONTH CONTRACT - FULL TIME
WECTEC Staffing/Westinghouse is looking for experienced Engineers / Engineering Technician Specialists. This position will be based at Waltz Mill in Madison, PA – the work will be at Waltz Mill as well as at a variety of nuclear facilities including Prairie Island, Catawba, Surry, Salem, etc. If you have 6 years+ of experience in mechanical engineering work, along with Navy Nuclear experience, and are looking for a challenge this opportunity is for you! This is a full-time contract opportunity with high potential to convert to a permanent role.
What your day-to-day looks like:
- Complete a variety of technical work including repair and extension of reactor internals and head packages (1 month of training is provided)
- Capable of physical manipulation of underwater objects with precision
- Working daily with Reactor Component Upgrades
- Involved in equipment design, qualifying equipment and qualifying procedures
- Work will be consistent for the 12-18 month contract with potential to go permanent
- Candidates with potential may be retained to perform work during off periods
What we need to see from you:
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering is preferred
- Navy Nuclear experience is a plus
- Strong skills in mechanical engineering / mechanical aptitude
- 6 years of relevant/similar work experience
- Knowledge or familiarity with Reactor Component Upgrades
- High level of attention to detail
- Open, candid and honest approach in day-to-day work
- Promptly reports issues
- Capable of assuming increased responsibility with training/experience
Our Safety Pledge to You:
If you are as committed to your success as we are committed to your safety, then this is the position for you! For us, our guiding principle has always been and will continue to be the safety of our people. It’s that simple!
Why WECTEC Staffing Services?
Through the ever changing and rapidly evolving contract labor market we continue to employ experienced, highly motivated, and qualified employees with proven track records to meet our clients’ needs. We have expanded our scope of services outside of the nuclear industry to include international contracts in more than five countries. Our dedicated employees range in expertise from highly specialized technical niche positions to corporate function positions and we want YOU to be a part of our impressive talent network!
Additionally, WECTEC Staffing Services offers competitive pay as well as benefits to qualifying positions. To learn more about us visit [Register to View] style="font-size:10.5pt">www.wectecstaffing.com
EOE of Minorities/Females/Vets/Disability