Lead Process Engineer, Flawless Launch
Lead Process Engineer, Flawless Launch
Exciting opportunity to be the lead in developing and deploying a new company-wide Flawless Launch program. This role will report to the GOS Central team, underneath the Director of Design to Value. The Flawless Launch Core Team is responsible for the tools & processes needed to ensure flawless product development, which delivers products to customers that meet expectations, on time, on cost, and with the world class quality that’s expected of a Westinghouse product.
Flawless Launch is a concurrent, scalable, and cross-functional gated product development process that builds upon Westinghouse’s existing procedures, but drives additional process, sourcing, and regulatory concept development early in the design process. It will be a governance process with multiple procedures for different aspects of product change: new technology development, new product introduction, manufacturing site transfer, source transfer, and digital product development.
The Flawless Launch Lead Process Engineer will be responsible for: Develop the processes under the Flawless Launch umbrella, starting with New Product Introduction and New Technology Development. Cross-enterprise influence to drive the deployment and utilization of the Flawless Launch methodology by coordinating and aligning with all GOS divisions, product lines and/or BU’s. Independent leadership and strategic thinking to reconcile project and process complexities and simplify into a streamlined process. Assess and refine the Flawless Launch methodology with lessons learned from initial pilot programs. Train extended Flawless Launch team leaders and members on the methodology and specific tools and ensure compliance with the Flawless Launch process and stage gates. Lead efforts to formally integrate Flawless Launch into Westinghouse processes.
Your Day to Day:
- Coaching: Able to effectively assist product development teams, across all divisions and BU’s, through the entire applicable Flawless Launch process, mentoring on methodology, tools, and process. Alignment of stakeholders, project scoping, target setting, project planning, and clear communication with extended program teams. Coordination with Core DtV leaders to integrate DtV into activities into Flawless Launch where appropriate.
- Process Development: Lead a team of Core team members and partners from GOS to define the Flawless Launch processes. Develop the discrete set of tasks, entry and exit points into the process, rules and application for how to scale for different project complexities, and integration into existing Westinghouse procedures. Gain cross-enterprise alignment with stakeholders on procedure changes and the transition plan. Publish and maintain Flawless Launch process library.
- Tool Development: Organize and develop library of tools, templates, and best practice examples for each Flawless Launch task. Leverage existing work from priori WEC development projects and capabilities as much as possible. Become an expert in Flawless Launch tools, able to provide consulting for their application into different kinds of projects.
- Training: Develop instructional materials for development team members and leaders covering assigned elements of the Flawless Launch process, including process awareness, structuring and selecting the appropriate Flawless Launch task list, gate review expectations, and evidence documentation requirements. Lead training sessions with development team leaders and members to orient them on the process.
Required to be successful in the role:
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or a related discipline
- 10 plus years of progressive engineering project leadership and/or product development experience
- Familiarity with Westinghouse product development and product management processes and procedures, including process for writing and approving procedures
- Product development experience
- Must have strong business acumen and ability to communicate commercial basis for change
- Ability to scope and coach projects effectively and to influence without direct authority
- Natural leader and self-starter, “doer” attitude, and willingness to challenge the status quo
- Excellent organizational and communication Skills
- Desired: Process Improvement / Customer First / DFSS training & experience