PSEG Company: PSEG Services Corp.
Salary Range: $ 70,200 - $ 115,800
Incentive: PIP 10%
Work Location Category: Remote Local
PSEG operates under a Flexible Work Model where flexible work is offered when job requirements allow. In support of this model, roles have been categorized into one of four work location categories: onsite roles, hybrid roles that are a blend of onsite and remote work, remote local roles that are primarily home-based but require some level of purpose-driven in-person interaction and living within a commutable distance, and remote non-local roles that can be effectively performed remotely with the ability to work in approved states.
PSEG offers a unique experience to our more than 12,000 employees – we provide the resources and opportunities for career development that come with being a Fortune 500 company, as well as the attention, camaraderie and care for one another you might typically associate with a small business. Our focus on combatting climate change through clean energy technology, our new net zero climate vision for 2030 and enhanced commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion; and supporting the communities we serve make this a particularly exciting time to join PSEG.
This position is responsible for the ongoing administration of the company's Defined Benefit, Defined Contribution, and VEBA Plans. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to operational tasks associated with delegating work among vendor resources to implement plan changes, lead internal and external audits, research and resolve participant escalated issues, ongoing audit/reconciliation of vendor processes, review benefit calculations, design/update participant communications, management of special projects, monitor vendor service levels, and ensure all activities are in compliance with plan provisions, administrative requirements, and government regulations.
- Directs all aspects of the day-to-day administration of the company's Defined Benefit, Defined Contribution and VEBA Plans, including oversight of outsourced vendors to resolve escalated issues, implement plan changes and improvements, and monitor service levels. Identifies, analyzes, and implements process improvements. Performs weekly reconciliations of HRIS and vendor data to ensure data integrity, and partners with the applicable internal or external stakeholders to resolve any discrepancies
- Lead the weekly/biweekly weekly vendor calls to ensure that all items related to ongoing issues, implementation, and process changes are being addressed within identified timelines
- Develop participant communications (i.e., Summary Materials Modifications etc.) regarding regulatory and/or plan changes
- Conducts research on employee benefit appeals, develop presentations, and present to Employee Benefits Committee. Research and develop presentations related to regulatory and/or plan changes
- Leads on behalf of the Benefits Department, annual Form 5500 audits and filings, Nondiscrimination testing, PBGC filings, Annual Funding Notice, Summary Annual Report, and annual fee disclosure distribution
- Communicates with employees, retirees, internal colleagues (i.e., HR, Payroll, Labor Relations etc.), and union leaders to resolve escalated issues, and provide benefit education. Point of contact for workflow items that need immediate resolution within a specific timeframe. Serve as liaison between internal and external customer service centers
- Reviews and update Summary Plan Descriptions in accordance with plan changes, and administrative requirements. This also includes ongoing review of plan documentation and requirements for outsourcing vendors to ensure consistency with plan provisions and regulatory requirements
Job Specific Qualifications
Other Basic Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree Required or 7 years related professional experience in lieu of a degree.
- 3-5 years of Defined Benefit and/or Defined Contribution Experience
- Health & Welfare experience a plus
- Advanced system skills/knowledge in Excel
- Intermediate Microsoft Word and PowerPoint skills
- Strong analytical skills and superior attention to detail
- Experience in data management and reconciliations
- Demonstrate strong organizational skills and the ability to work in both a team environment and individually
- Ability to interpret plan provisions from plan documents, summaries of plan provisions or other related plan materials
- Self-motivated individual that ensures final work products are of high quality and provided in a timely fashion
- Ability to balance and prioritize multiple projects at one time
- Knowledge of Defined Benefit and/or Defined Contribution Plans, programs, policies and procedures.
- Ability to understand detailed pension benefit calculations
- Strong Understanding of ERISA, PPA, SOX regulations and social security, as related to pension and 401(k) plans
- Strong interpersonal skills, including written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work cross-functionally, partnering with other departments and lines of business (e.g., IT, Payroll, Legal, Finance etc.)
- Ability to present to all levels in the organization
- Experience working with Collective Bargaining Units
- CEBS or CBP preferred
Minimum Years of Experience
Bachelor in Business Administration
Certain positions at the Company may require you to have access to Part 810-Controlled Information. Under the law, the Company is limited in who it can share this information with and in certain circumstances it is necessary to obtain specific authorization before the Company can share this information. Accordingly, if the position does require access to this information, you must complete a 10 CFR Part 810 Export Control Compliance Nationality Request Form, a copy of which will be provided to you by Talent Acquisition if an offer is made. If there is a need for specific authorization, due to the time it takes to obtain authorization from the government, we will likely not be able to further proceed with an offer.
Candidates must foster an inclusive work environment and respect all aspects of diversity. Successful candidates must demonstrate and value differences in others' strengths, perspectives, approaches, and personal choices.
As an employee of PSE&G or PSEG LI, you should be aware that during storm restoration efforts, you may be required to perform functions outside of your routine duties and on a schedule that may be different from normal operations.
Certain positions at the Company may require you to have access to 10 CFR Part 810 controlled information. If the position does require access to this information, the Talent Acquisition representative will provide further details upon making an offer.
PSEG is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment, including the hiring process, based on any legally protected characteristic. Legally protected characteristics include race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law in locations where PSEG employs individuals.
Business needs may cause PSEG to cancel or delay filling position at any time during the selection process.
This site (http://www.pseg.com) is strictly for candidates who are not currently PSEG employees. PSEG employees must apply for jobs internally through emPower which can be accessed through [Register to View]
by clicking on the emPower icon, then selecting careers.
PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES:
PSEG is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you have a disability and need assistance applying for a position, please call [Register to View]
or email [Register to View]
If you need to request a reasonable accommodation to perform the essential functions of the job, email [Register to View]
[Register to View]