Technology Engineer - Operational Technology
PSEG Company: PSEG Long Island
Salary Range: $ 78,600 - $ 149,400
Incentive: PIP 10%
Work Location Category: Hybrid
PSEG operates under a Flexible Work Model where flexible work is offered when job requirements allow. In support of this model, roles have been categorized into one of four work location categories: onsite roles, hybrid roles that are a blend of onsite and remote work, remote local roles that are primarily home-based but require some level of purpose-driven in-person interaction and living within a commutable distance, and remote non-local roles that can be effectively performed remotely with the ability to work in approved states.
PSEG offers a unique experience to our more than 12,000 employees – we provide the resources and opportunities for career development that come with being a Fortune 500 company, as well as the attention, camaraderie and care for one another you might typically associate with a small business. Our focus on combatting climate change through clean energy technology, our new net zero climate vision for 2030 and enhanced commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion; and supporting the communities we serve make this a particularly exciting time to join PSEG.
The Technology Engineer - Operational Technology (OT) in the Critical National Infrastructure (CNI) group directly supports the Transmission and Distribution (T&D) organization. The Technology Engineer - OT is a direct report to the SCADA Senior IT Supervisor. We are looking for an individual with strong understanding of Operational Technology and extensive hands-on experience in administering various cyber security tools and platforms.
The Technology Engineer - OT is involved in the full technology life cycle of designing, configuring, developing, documenting and testing of Operational Technology solutions to meet business or technology requirements from application reliability and cyber security hardening perspective. Responsible for the day-to-day administration, technical support, troubleshooting, maintenance, upgrades, patching, performance and overall health of a variety of cyber security tools within a UNIX, Linux, and Microsoft Windows Server clustered server environment.
• Design, configuration, development, documentation and testing of operational technology solutions to meet business or technology requirements from application reliability and cyber security hardening perspective
• Evaluation of existing technology solutions to determine fit for purpose for the new business or technology requirements.
• Collaboration with other individuals to ensure proper integration of the new technology solution with the existing technology solutions.
• Analysis of end user's needs, business and technology requirements. Translation of these requirements into technology solution capabilities and design.
• Maintain and operate Industrial Defender, Dragos, CyberArk, and CA/PKI cybersecurity solutions to ensure secured CNI environments.
• Implement security tools, policies, and procedures in conjunction with the company’s cybersecurity requirements.
• Support all LI Transmission Operations platforms (SCADA EMS) and Distribution Operations platforms (DSCADA), and associated applications such as data historians, APIs and web-based GUIs.
• Support CNI (Critical National Infrastructure) in data centers and remote control centers including network devices and services (e.g., routers, switches, firewalls, servers, etc.), including maintenance and installations such as equipment racking, power/cable management and repair/replacement of failed equipment and/or components.
• Perform network maintenance and system upgrades including service packs, patches, hot fixes and security configurations.
• Provide Transmission and Distribution (T&D) Teams internal customer support and troubleshooting to resolve issues, liaising with product vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution.
• Work within established configuration and change management policies to ensure awareness, approval and success of changes made to the environment.
• Participate on project teams for future CNI applications, infrastructure upgrades and new technology deployments to ensure compliance with CNI principles, IT policies and NERC-CIP standards.
• Participate in 24x7 rotational, off-hours standby support coverage for the CNI systems.
Job Specific Qualifications
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or specialization in Cyber Security aspect of OT or related field with 4 years of IT/Operational Technology (OT) experience or Cyber Security with OT experience, or and advanced degree in a technology related field with 2 years of IT/OT experience or Cyber Security with OT related experience
• Competency with network security and information security concepts and technologies
• Understanding of TCP/IP and LAN/WAN connectivity
• Demonstrated knowledge of Cyber Security aspect of Operational Technology, and solutions such as SIEM and PAM
• Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot and make recommendations using critical thinking, sound judgment, and decision making processes and techniques in a fast-paced, mixed technology environment
• Experience with mission critical technology solutions
• Demonstrated knowledge of VMWare or similar solutions
• Experience with monitoring, network diagnostic and network analytics tools
• Knowledge of scripting, programming concepts and methodologies
• Cisco certifications - CCNP Security, CyberOps Associate, CCNP Datacenter, CCNP Routing and Switching, Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
• Experience documenting technical solutions or business and system process flow techniques using applicable methods such as engineering drawings, UML (e.g. Use Case Diagrams, Activity Diagrams, Entity Relationship Diagrams) etc.
• Ability to troubleshoot and make recommendations using critical thinking, sound judgment, and decision making processes and techniques in a fast-paced, mixed technology environment
Minimum Years of Experience
Certain positions at the Company may require you to have access to Part 810-Controlled Information. Under the law, the Company is limited in who it can share this information with and in certain circumstances it is necessary to obtain specific authorization before the Company can share this information. Accordingly, if the position does require access to this information, you must complete a 10 CFR Part 810 Export Control Compliance Nationality Request Form, a copy of which will be provided to you by Talent Acquisition if an offer is made. If there is a need for specific authorization, due to the time it takes to obtain authorization from the government, we will likely not be able to further proceed with an offer.
Candidates must foster an inclusive work environment and respect all aspects of diversity. Successful candidates must demonstrate and value differences in others' strengths, perspectives, approaches, and personal choices.
As an employee of PSE&G or PSEG LI, you should be aware that during storm restoration efforts, you may be required to perform functions outside of your routine duties and on a schedule that may be different from normal operations.
Certain positions at the Company may require you to have access to 10 CFR Part 810 controlled information. If the position does require access to this information, the Talent Acquisition representative will provide further details upon making an offer.
PSEG is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment, including the hiring process, based on any legally protected characteristic. Legally protected characteristics include race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law in locations where PSEG employs individuals.
Business needs may cause PSEG to cancel or delay filling position at any time during the selection process.
This site (http://www.pseg.com) is strictly for candidates who are not currently PSEG employees. PSEG employees must apply for jobs internally through emPower which can be accessed through [Register to View] by clicking on the emPower icon, then selecting careers.
PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES:
PSEG is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you have a disability and need assistance applying for a position, please call [Register to View] or email [Register to View] If you need to request a reasonable accommodation to perform the essential functions of the job, email [Register to View]