Are you interested in being part of an innovative team that supports Westinghouse’s mission to provide clean energy solutions? At Westinghouse, we recognize that our employees are our most valuable asset and we seek to identify, attract and recruit the most qualified talent while recognizing and encouraging the value of diversity in the global workplace.
If this sounds like an environment you would thrive in, we have an exciting opportunity for a Mechanical Engineer based in Chattanooga, TN.
* Author technical documentation for AP1000 primary components (e.g. steam generator, pressurizer, PRHR, core makeup tank and accumulator) and operating plant replacement steam generator design documentation, including but not limited to, design specifications, design reports, E&DCRs, and various calculation notes.
* Author and/or verify non-conformance reports for ongoing projects, as well as support construction activities for the Vogtle 3&4 AP1000 plants, and fabrication follow activities for the EDF (Electricite’ de France) Replacement Steam Generator project.
* Ability to work on multiple projects, and good communication skills are required, in order to work on a large global team.
* Willingness to learn new engineering skills is also a must.
* Prepare technical presentations and written communications for customers and management.
* Write commercial proposals and prepare cost estimates.
* Occasional travel, both domestic and international, to customer and vendor facilities to provide on-site support, presentations, or aid in issue resolution
* An initial assignment for 3-6 months at a domestic nuclear plant construction site will be required.
Who You Are:
As a successful candidate, you will bring the following to the team:
* B.S. Engineering Degree, preferably mechanical engineering
* Minimum 3.0 GPA
* 0-20 plus years experience.
* Software skills nice to have (ANSYS, Inventor, Matlab, etc.)
* AP1000 primary component experience desirable
* ASME Section III knowledge desirable
* RCC-M code experience desirable
* Willingness to work on construction site for the initial 3 to 6 months
Westinghouse Electric Company is the global nuclear energy industry’s first choice for safe, clean, and efficient energy solutions. We enable our delivery of this vision by living our value system:
- Safety and Quality
- Integrity and Trust
- Customer Focus and Innovation
- Speed and Passion to Win
- Teamwork and Accountability
Westinghouse offers competitive benefits to all our employees around the globe to keep them healthy and enhance their well-being. In the U.S. the following are representative of what we offer:
- Competitive Salary
- Comprehensive Health, Wellness and Income Protection Benefits
- 401(k) Savings Plan with Company Match
- Paid Vacations and Holidays
- Opportunities for Flexible Work Arrangements
- Educational Reimbursement Program
- Employee Referral Program
While our Global Headquarters are located in Cranberry Township, PA, we have over 9,000 employees working at locations in 19 different countries. You can learn more by visiting [Register to View] .
EOE of Minorities / Females / Vets / Disability.
Get connected with Westinghouse on social media:
[Register to View] | [Register to View] | [Register to View] | [Register to View]