Are you interested in being part of an innovative team that supports Westinghouse’s mission to provide clean energy solutions? At Westinghouse, we recognize that our employees are our most valuable asset and we seek to identify, attract and recruit the most qualified talent while recognizing and encouraging the value of diversity in the global workplace.
Roles and Responsibilities of the WZ Process Engineer II
I. Major Responsibilities:
The Manufacturing Process Engineer will be focused on supporting the day-to-day production operations in their assigned areas that include the following:
- Identifying and communicating potential safety, environmental, quality and Human Performance issues through direct observation and engagement, reporting At Risk Conditions (ARC), data reviews, outside publications and articles, etc.
- Identifying Critical Process Variables (Critical X’s), Critical Equipment Performance Issues and Cost of Poor Quality (COPQ) reduction measures; establishing standards and means for monitoring, trending, publishing, and presenting performance on a timely basis.
- Developing new or improved methods or changes to equipment/process to improve yield, reduce costs and/or improve quality for product lines of responsibility. Monitoring various product line yields and preparing monthly presentations to highlight results.
- Identifying potential issues before they become problems by continual review of the key equipment performance and process data and applying Six Sigma methods. Identifying key lessons and maintaining Lessons Learned historical database for assigned department.
- Establishing standards and expectations for monitoring equipment performance including review of Preventative Maintenance items and frequency for critical equipment and unit operations.
- Identifying and implementing areas for improvement with support from the EP&T organization and outside contractors.
- Establishing, updating and maintaining the key Process Safety Information (PSI) for the Process Safety Management (PSM) covered processes and department operations including the design basis documents (Process Design Basis (PDB), Process Flow Diagrams, Controls Requirement Document (CRD), and Piping and Instrument Diagrams (P&IDs).
- Reviewing and approving production operating procedures, Job Safety Analysis, work standards, maintenance of equipment procedures, Preventative Maintenance (PM) procedures and PM frequencies, etc.
- Monitoring and managing the processing data and off-normal events that could affect product quality and critical equipment on-line time and performance.
- Supporting projects in their areas through participation in design reviews, team meetings, Pre-startup Safety Reviews (PSSRs), Process Hazard Analysis (PHA), Commissioning, etc.
- Leading small improvement projects in the areas that won’t affect other responsibilities.
- Determining and reviewing all manufacturing processes for cost effectiveness and feasibility, both before and after engineering releases to manufacturing.
- Supporting department activities to design new products, modify existing designs, improve production techniques, and develop test procedures for manufacturing operations insuring the Change Control Process (CCP) is being followed.
- Reviewing and monitoring all design, engineering, and proposed technological development/enhancement as related to area of responsibility.
- Initiating, evaluating and completing process/equipment modifications through the Change Control Process system.
- Evaluating and approving design changes, calculations, specifications, and drawing releases.
- Communicating key metrics for safety, quality, environmental sustainability and production to employees to properly align actions and behaviors for improvement.
- Assisting in the development, contribution to, and maintenance of electronic database/library containing historical and current significant technical articles, experimental studies and reports associated with the production/metallurgy of zirconium or zirconium-related subjects/processes.
II. Experience Requirements:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering with experience of three to five years of professional experience in heavy mechanical or chemical manufacturing.
- Experience in support of manufacturing and production processes and equipment.
- Professional development classes in the areas of communication, conflict resolution, problem solving skills, statistical process control, advanced uses of software packages, lean manufacturing principles, quality systems and other related fields.
III. Skills Competencies
- The Manufacturing Process Engineer will possess and be capable of applying his/her broad knowledge of engineering skills, principles, practices, and procedures to complete difficult and complex assignments.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written, to work with manufacturing operations personnel.
- Strong technical writing skills, especially work instructions, plans, reports, and memos.
- Must have demonstrated strong analytical and problem-solving skills, mechanical aptitude, and willingness to provide hands-on leadership when needed.
- Must have strong time management skills to handle multiple ongoing projects in addition to day-to-day process problems.
- Solid computer skills including Microsoft Word and Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and the ability to quickly learn software such as MiniTab® as required to perform job specific duties. AutoCAD is a plus.
Westinghouse Electric Company is the global nuclear energy industry’s first choice for safe, clean, and efficient energy solutions. We enable our delivery of this vision by living our value system:
- Safety and Quality
- Integrity and Trust
- Customer Focus and Innovation
- Speed and Passion to Win
- Teamwork and Accountability
Westinghouse offers competitive benefits to all our employees around the globe to keep them healthy and enhance their well-being. In the U.S. the following are representative of what we offer:
- Competitive Salary
- Comprehensive Health, Wellness and Income Protection Benefits
- 401(k) Savings Plan with Company Match
- Paid Vacations and Holidays
- Opportunities for Flexible Work Arrangements
- Educational Reimbursement Program
- Employee Referral Program
While our Global Headquarters are located in Cranberry Township, PA, we have over 9,000 employees working at locations in 19 different countries. You can learn more by visiting [Register to View] .
EOE of Minorities / Females / Vets / Disability.
Get connected with Westinghouse on social media:
[Register to View] | [Register to View] | [Register to View] | [Register to View]