Fabrication Process Intern
Are you interested in being part of an innovative team that supports Westinghouse’s mission to provide clean energy solutions? At Westinghouse, we recognize that our employees are our most valuable asset and we seek to identify, attract and recruit the most qualified talent while recognizing and encouraging the value of diversity in the global workplace.
Interns assist with the efficient day to day operation of the manufacturing and process engineering related to producing zirconium alloy products. Interns will also support the work of management and other staff on-site at the Western Zirconium production facility:
Key Responsibilities include:
- Learn about the products and processes at Western Zirconium
- Collaborate with a mentor engineer to identify and execute one or more projects to improve aspects of Safety, Quality and Delivery in the production facility.
- Work independently and with the organization to execute one or more projects.
- Engineers of various disciplines, Managers, Supervisors, Operators, and Technicians.
- Use computer systems, word processing, spreadsheets, databases etc to prepare reports, memos, and documents to support and implement improvement projects.
- Undertake role specific training such as production systems, change control processes, document control, SAP etc.
- Knowledge of physical metallurgy, deformation processing of metals and other engineering principals and technology.
- The mental and physical capability to work safely in an operating production facility using a wide variety of chemical and mechanical operations and processes.
- Good interpersonal skills
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Effective organisational skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Decision making
- Good customer service skills
- Ability to multitask
- Time management skills
- Strong competency using Microsoft applications and applicable engineering applications.
Who You Are:
As a successful candidate, you will bring the following to the team:
* Pursuing a Bachelor's in Materials Science Engineering, Metallurgical Engineering or a related engineering discipline.
* Minimum GPA of 3.0 strongly preferred.
* Completion of Sophomore year of college
* Must be able to work a minimum of 8 weeks; 10 plus weeks preferred during the summer.
*Part time concurrent with ongoing college is preferred.