Are you interested in being part of an innovative team that supports Westinghouse’s mission to provide clean energy solutions? At Westinghouse, we recognize that our employees are our most valuable asset and we seek to identify, attract and recruit the most qualified talent while recognizing and encouraging the value of diversity in the global workplace.
Perform routine machining of production, QA and laboratory samples and assist in making tools, fixtures, parts and jigs as required for use in commercial nuclear power industry
Your Day to Day:
1. Set up and operate CNC lathes, CNC milling machines, cutoff saws, sheers, spot welders and other machines necessary to machine QA, production and laboratory sample specimens, tools, jigs, parts and fixtures.
2. Write and set up CNC programs for new speciment machining requirements and revise programs as needed.
3. Work from standard blue prints and engineering sketches for making simple jigs and fixtures, and for machining sample speciments and other machined parts as required.
4. Maintain close machined tolerances and finishes as required by drawing, specifications and other instructions.
5. Provide preventative machine maintenance and assist in more complex machine maintenance.
6. Recommend and revise new and modified machining procedures for optimum efficiency and quality.
7. Train and oversee Laboratory machining operation of Laboratory technicians.
8. Maintain equipment and work area in a safe, clean and orderly manner. Abide by all safety rules and regulations.
9. Attain and maintain inspection certification as necessary to meet applicable QA standards.
10. Adhere to all required operating procedures and inform management and engineering of material and equipment problems.
11. Abide by all rules and regulations covered by the Westighouse Code of Business Ethics.
- High school graduate or equivalent GED plus two years applicable vocational or machine shop training or related work experience. CNC programming and Mastercam experience required.
- Must have basic understanding of trigonometry equivalent to one year of high school trigonometry and math.
- Must be proficient in reading simple blueprints and using micrometers, vernier calipers and dial indicators.
- Two years satisfactory machine shop experience operating CNC lathes and milling machines.
Westinghouse Electric Company is the global nuclear energy industry’s first choice for safe, clean, and efficient energy solutions. We enable our delivery of this vision by living our value system:
- Safety and Quality
- Integrity and Trust
- Customer Focus and Innovation
- Speed and Passion to Win
- Teamwork and Accountability
Westinghouse offers competitive benefits to all our employees around the globe to keep them healthy and enhance their well-being. In the U.S. the following are representative of what we offer:
- Competitive Salary
- Comprehensive Health, Wellness and Income Protection Benefits
- 401(k) Savings Plan with Company Match
- Paid Vacations and Holidays
- Opportunities for Flexible Work Arrangements
- Educational Reimbursement Program
- Employee Referral Program
While our Global Headquarters are located in Cranberry Township, PA, we have over 9,000 employees working at locations in 19 different countries. You can learn more by visiting [Register to View] .
EOE of Minorities / Females / Vets / Disability.
Get connected with Westinghouse on social media:
[Register to View] | [Register to View] | [Register to View] | [Register to View]