NDE Level III
Are you interested in being part of an innovative team that supports Westinghouse’s mission to provide clean energy solutions? At Westinghouse, we recognize that our employees are our most valuable asset and we seek to identify, attract and recruit the most qualified talent while recognizing and encouraging the value of diversity in the global workplace.
NDE LEVEL 3
Conduct non-destructive examinations according to written procedures. Interpret the results of the examinations in accordance with applicable standards and specifications.
Duties and Responsibilities (in the order of priority):
Investigate and interpret different industry standards, codes, and procedures to support customer and regulatory requirements throughout the nuclear and non-nuclear sectors.
• Ability to develop new techniques and inspection procedures as well as review existing techniques to refine processes to support the nuclear and non-nuclear industries.
• Ability to lead teams to drive mentoring opportunities for Level Is and IIs to strength the NDE personnel in the company
• Support the preparation for field projects with procedures and examination plans for the NDE scope.
• Participate in performance-based training programs to acquire and maintain certifications as well as keep current with technology.
• Participate in safety training to acquire the skills and knowledge to perform work in hazardous environments and operate safety equipment and systems.
• Set up, operate, maintain and troubleshoot field service equipment at customer sites, including but not limited to, non-destructive examination (NDE) technology, automated systems and computer networks.
• Perform all assigned tasks with a high degree of quality, and within the parameters of qualified procedures and guidelines. Maintain a high level of attention to detail and document all quality related issues.
• Develop, promote and exercise team-building skills with peers, supervisors, contractors, customers and other departments. Demonstrate good customer sensitivity and customer service skills. Develop and maintain a focus on creative problem solving.
• This position requires travel, maintenance of “Unescorted Access” status at Nuclear Power Plants, and working with hazardous materials.
Education and Qualifications / Skills and Competencies
Education Level (Degree, Area of Study) – Minimum Requirement: High School Diploma
Years of Experience (if applicable): Significant experience hours performing non-destructive inspections of nuclear and/or non-nuclear power plants accordingly to satisfy Nuclear industry recognized requirements for NDE Level III certification
Professional Certifications: ASNT Nondestructive Level III and capability to certify to a employer based written practice that satisfies ASNT SNT-TC-1A, CP-189, ASME Section XI. Preferred candidate would be multidisciplined (UT, VT-1,2,3, MT, PT, ET)
Skills and Competencies:
•Working Knowledge of ASME Code
•Excellent Verbal & Written Skills
•Proficiency with MS Office
•Ability to travel extensively during the spring and fall with multiple projects assignments of 1-3 week duration and periodically during off peak seasons.
• Ability to obtain and maintain "Unescorted Access" to nuclear facilities is required.
Westinghouse Electric Company is the global nuclear energy industry’s first choice for safe, clean, and efficient energy solutions. We enable our delivery of this vision by living our value system:
- Safety and Quality
- Integrity and Trust
- Customer Focus and Innovation
- Speed and Passion to Win
- Teamwork and Accountability
Westinghouse offers competitive benefits to all our employees around the globe to keep them healthy and enhance their well-being. In the U.S. the following are representative of what we offer:
- Competitive Salary
- Comprehensive Health, Wellness and Income Protection Benefits
- 401(k) Savings Plan with Company Match
- Paid Vacations and Holidays
- Opportunities for Flexible Work Arrangements
- Educational Reimbursement Program
- Employee Referral Program
While our Global Headquarters are located in Cranberry Township, PA, we have over 9,000 employees working at locations in 19 different countries. You can learn more by visiting [Register to View] .
EOE of Minorities / Females / Vets / Disability.
Get connected with Westinghouse on social media:
[Register to View] | [Register to View] | [Register to View] | [Register to View]