Software Developers Engineers - 2023 College Graduates
Westinghouse Electric Company is the world's leading supplier of safe, innovative nuclear technology and is shaping the future of carbon-free energy.Reimagine Your Future. Reshape Tomorrow’s Energy.Are you interested in being part of an innovative team that supports Westinghouse’s mission to provide clean energy solutions? At Westinghouse, we recognize that our employees are our most valuable asset and we seek to identify, attract and recruit the most qualified talent while recognizing and encouraging the value of diversity in the global workplace.
If this sounds like an environment you would thrive in, we have an exciting opportunity for an Electrical Engineer.
Postion based in Cranberry Township, PA (Remote is not an option).
Please note relocation assistance is not provided for this position.
The successful candidate can expect to perform the following:
* Contribute to the design, construction, operation, and decommissioning of nuclear power plants.
* Grow and develop extensive technical expertise in US and international nuclear markets.
* Work in teams to resolve critical issues impacting the construction and operation of nuclear power plants.
* Perform software engineering design and testing in support of the Nuclear Power Plants, and related code systems in a strongly regulated software environment. This includes software tasks through all phases of the lifecycle, including setting requirements, defining software and data designs, implementing the designs in code, developing test plans, executing test plans, and documenting each of these phases.
* Develop, modify, and maintain software applications on Linux and Windows platforms
* Perform software verification and validation
* Document the work that was performed, in accordance with required engineering procedures
* Lead or participate in code reviews and inspections of work performed by peers
Who You Are:
As a successful candidate, you will bring the following to the team:
* Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in one or more of the following disciplines: Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering or other related technical IT field
* Understanding of SDLC (software development lifecycle)
* Experience developing, deploying, and maintaining full stack, service-oriented, enterprise-grade solutions
* Experience with SQL & ET
* Fundamental knowledge of any of the following is a plus
Industry standards governing software design, development, and documentation
SQL and/or database administration
OpenGL and/or HMI design principles
Real-Time Operating Systems
* Software projects that follow (IEEE, SO, CMMI, ASME, NQA-1) software engineering standards (requirements, design, implementation, testing)
* Working understanding of data modeling approaches
* Working understanding of software test approaches
* Experience with a modern programming languages: Java, Python, [Register to View] C/C++, C#/.NET
* Experience with source code control systems
* Ability to work effectively in an international team-oriented environment
Westinghouse Electric Company is the global nuclear energy industry’s first choice for safe, clean, and efficient energy solutions. We enable our delivery of this vision by living our value system:
- Safety and Quality
- Integrity and Trust
- Customer Focus and Innovation
- Speed and Passion to Win
- Teamwork and Accountability
Westinghouse offers competitive benefits to all our employees around the globe to keep them healthy and enhance their well-being. In the U.S. the following are representative of what we offer:
- Competitive Salary
- Comprehensive Health, Wellness and Income Protection Benefits
- 401(k) Savings Plan with Company Match
- Paid Vacations and Holidays
- Opportunities for Flexible Work Arrangements
- Educational Reimbursement Program
- Employee Referral Program
While our Global Headquarters are located in Cranberry Township, PA, we have over 9,000 employees working at locations in 19 different countries. You can learn more by visiting [Register to View] .
EOE of Minorities / Females / Vets / Disability.
Get connected with Westinghouse on social media:
[Register to View] | [Register to View] | [Register to View] | [Register to View]