Are you interested in being part of an innovative team that supports Westinghouse’s mission to provide clean energy solutions? At Westinghouse, we recognize that our employees are our most valuable asset and we seek to identify, attract and recruit the most qualified talent while recognizing and encouraging the value of diversity in the global workplace.
Maintenance Mechanic B
Perform a variety of maintenance functions in the plant. Maintain, install, repair, modify and rebuild machinery, buildings and facilities. Make repairs to tools and equipment. Move, install and adjust fixtures, motors and other electrical/mechanical equipment as required.
Your Day to Day
Perform duties described for Maintenance Mechanic C or Maintenance Mechanic and in addition:
- Work from drawings, sketches or verbal instructions from manager.
- Install, maintain, repair and rebuild shop machinery and plant equipment including pumps, motors, furnaces, blowers, conveyors, etc. to include furnace rebricking.
- Maintain and repair plant buildings and facilities
- Maintain, repair, and diagnose malfunctions on all mobile equipment such as hand trucks and forklift trucks.
- Perform preventive maintenance on all machines and equipment as directed.
- Perform metal burning as required in assigned duties.
- Install and repair environmental-control systems, utilizing knowledge of refrigeration theory, pipefitting and structural layout.
- Cut, assemble and install piping for all plant applications.
- Connect power cables to equipment and install grounding leads.
- Set up and operate equipment such as power saws and drill presses to make, repair and/or modify parts.
- Use computer systems as required. Prepare reports, requests, etc. as needed.
- Maintain equipment and leave work area in a clean and orderly condition.
- Adhere to accountability, criticality, safety, security and hygiene procedures.
- Perform traceability function as required.
What you need to be successful in this role:
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Minimum of 5 years maintenance related experience or 2 years as a Maintenance Mechanic C.
- Must successfully complete required interview process to demonstrate basic mechanic skills.
Westinghouse Electric Company is the global nuclear energy industry’s first choice for safe, clean, and efficient energy solutions. We enable our delivery of this vision by living our value system:
- Safety and Quality
- Integrity and Trust
- Customer Focus and Innovation
- Speed and Passion to Win
- Teamwork and Accountability
Westinghouse offers competitive benefits to all our employees around the globe to keep them healthy and enhance their well-being. In the U.S. the following are representative of what we offer:
- Competitive Salary
- Comprehensive Health, Wellness and Income Protection Benefits
- 401(k) Savings Plan with Company Match
- Paid Vacations and Holidays
- Opportunities for Flexible Work Arrangements
- Educational Reimbursement Program
- Employee Referral Program
While our Global Headquarters are located in Cranberry Township, PA, we have over 9,000 employees working at locations in 19 different countries. You can learn more by visiting [Register to View] .
EOE of Minorities / Females / Vets / Disability.
Get connected with Westinghouse on social media:
[Register to View] | [Register to View] | [Register to View] | [Register to View]