Are you interested in being part of an innovative team that supports Westinghouse’s mission to provide clean energy solutions? At Westinghouse, we recognize that our employees are our most valuable asset and we seek to identify, attract and recruit the most qualified talent while recognizing and encouraging the value of diversity in the global workplace.
Pay range for this position is: $30.94-$42.26
Your day to day:
Install, maintain, troubleshoot, repair and perform duties necessary to maintain functional operations of tools, machinery, process equipment, systems, etc.
Tools and Equipment:
Hand tools (manual and power), material handling equipment, gas and electric arc welding equipment, machinist tools, lathes, milling machines, grinders, drill presses, etc.
Process equipment containing acids, alkalines, etc.,; fiberglass, plastic and metal piping, fittings and materials; metal melting and fabrication equipment; lubricants including oils, greases, etc.
Direction of Others:
May periodically direct lower classified craftsmen.
The following are the usual major job duties but this job description does not preclude the performance of other duties by the incumbent, nor the question being raised on the proper rate of pay for the assignment.
1. Receive oral and/or written instructions from supervisor.
2. Install, maintain and repair mechanical equipment according to blueprints and other drawings.
3. Perform preventative and predictive maintenance including visual inspection of machinery and process equipment and observe for potential failures, malfunctions, worn or faulty parts or other irregularities. Maintain preventive maintenance records.
4. Repair pumps, valves, blowers, compressors, vessels, conveyors, and other mechanical process equipment, and fabricate equipment or components when necessary.
5. Set up and operate lathes, milling machines, drill presses, etc., to make and/or repair parts.
6. Maintain lubrication program.
7. Troubleshoot equipment and replace or repair defective components.
8. Provide assistance to other maintenance technicians or engineers as required.
9. Coordinate area activities with central maintenance shop.
10. Train other craftsmen as assigned.
11. Observe all safety rules.
12. Maintain a clean and orderly work area and return all tools, unused materials and written references to designated locations.
13. Abide by all rules and regulations covered by the Westinghouse Code of Business Ethics.
Who you are:
Five (5) years mechanical craft experience, three (3) years of which must be in mechanical industrial maintenance. Diploma or applicable education from a trade or technical school in industrial mechanical maintenance may qualify for part of experience requirement.
Westinghouse Electric Company is the global nuclear energy industry’s first choice for safe, clean, and efficient energy solutions. We enable our delivery of this vision by living our value system:
- Safety and Quality
- Integrity and Trust
- Customer Focus and Innovation
- Speed and Passion to Win
- Teamwork and Accountability
Westinghouse offers competitive benefits to all our employees around the globe to keep them healthy and enhance their well-being. In the U.S. the following are representative of what we offer:
- Competitive Salary
- Comprehensive Health, Wellness and Income Protection Benefits
- 401(k) Savings Plan with Company Match
- Paid Vacations and Holidays
- Opportunities for Flexible Work Arrangements
- Educational Reimbursement Program
- Employee Referral Program
While our Global Headquarters are located in Cranberry Township, PA, we have over 9,000 employees working at locations in 19 different countries. You can learn more by visiting [Register to View] .
EOE of Minorities / Females / Vets / Disability.
Get connected with Westinghouse on social media:
[Register to View] | [Register to View] | [Register to View] | [Register to View]