Senior Project Engineer
Are you interested in being part of an innovative team that supports Westinghouse’s mission to provide clean energy solutions? At Westinghouse, we recognize that our employees are our most valuable asset and we seek to identify, attract and recruit the most qualified talent while recognizing and encouraging the value of diversity in the global workplace! If this sounds like an environment you would thrive in, we have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Project Engineer!
This Senior Project Engineer opportunity is going to be an on-site position- based in our Richland, Washington office.
Your Day to Day:
- Lead development of solutions, equipment layout, equipment design, P&IDs, procedure and drawings for chemical decontamination projects
- Lead site teams in the deployment and completion of chemical decontamination projects at customer sites
- Possess a thorough understanding of project management, planning, and scheduling methods and techniques including associated performance tools.
- Research and analyze/assess complex, integrated project schedules and implementation steps and processes related to the planning function.
- Evaluate, internal to the organization, the strategic needs of the business relative to resource planning and develop strategic assessments (resource manpower, equipment, and material needs). Develop, and recommend to management, plans to address those needs.
- Lead implementation of strategic process/business process improvement plans. Act as the catalyst to resolve diverse concerns/objectives and competing priorities within the business segment.
- Recommend and implement operational and organizational structure adjustments designed to enhance planning operations.
- Cooperate between cross functions teams and PM
- Objectively participate in critique/lessons learned programs among Westinghouse, the utility, and suppliers to foster constructive problem solving.
- Possess excellent verbal and written English communication skills to effectively provide guidance, direction, and assistance
- Develop and maintain relationship with key internal customer contacts.
- Negotiate schedules that best meet project goals for effective use of plant, Westinghouse, and other vendors’ resources to complete the work scope on time..
- Must have excellent planning and organizational skills, and have the judgment and experience to identify and evaluate cost and progress trends.
Who You Are:
- BS Engineering in the Field of Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- Minimum 4 Years’ relevant experience required
- Veteran/Prior Military Experience Preferred
- Must be willing to travel up to to 50% including overseas travel
- Must be able to obtain unescorted access at Nuclear Facilities
Westinghouse Electric Company is the global nuclear energy industry’s first choice for safe, clean, and efficient energy solutions. We enable our delivery of this vision by living our value system:
- Safety and Quality
- Integrity and Trust
- Customer Focus and Innovation
- Speed and Passion to Win
- Teamwork and Accountability
Westinghouse offers competitive benefits to all our employees around the globe to keep them healthy and enhance their well-being. In the U.S., the following are representative of what we offer:
- Competitive Salary
- Comprehensive Health, Wellness and Income Protection Benefits
- 401(k) Savings Plan with Company Match
- Paid Vacations and Holidays
- Opportunities for Flexible Work Arrangements
- Educational Reimbursement Program
- Employee Referral Program
While our Global Headquarters are located in Cranberry Township, PA, we have over 9,000 employees working at locations in 19 different countries. You can learn more by visiting [Register to View] .
EOE of Minorities / Females / Vets / Disability.
Get connected with Westinghouse on social media:
[Register to View] | [Register to View] | [Register to View] | [Register to View]