Distribution Supervisor ED
PSEG Company: Public Service Electric & Gas Co.
Salary Range: $ 78,600 - $ 149,400
Incentive: PIP 10%
Work Location Category: Onsite
PSEG operates under a Flexible Work Model where flexible work is offered when job requirements allow. In support of this model, roles have been categorized into one of four work location categories: onsite roles, hybrid roles that are a blend of onsite and remote work, remote local roles that are primarily home-based but require some level of purpose-driven in-person interaction and living within a commutable distance, and remote non-local roles that can be effectively performed remotely with the ability to work in approved states.
PSEG offers a unique experience to our more than 12,000 employees – we provide the resources and opportunities for career development that come with being a Fortune 500 company, as well as the attention, camaraderie and care for one another you might typically associate with a small business. Our focus on combatting climate change through clean energy technology, our new net zero climate vision for 2030 and enhanced commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion; and supporting the communities we serve make this a particularly exciting time to join PSEG.
This is a first level supervisory position in the Relay Group of the Substation Maintenance Department at Palisades Electric Division. This is a PSE&G position and as such may be required to perform functions different from normal operations and work schedule during storm/outage restoration efforts. Reporting to an alternate work location may also be required.
• Supervise assigned personnel in the construction, maintenance and operation of associated Transmission and Distribution relay equipment in Switching Stations, Substations, and field installed equipment.
• Assist in tracking the training and development of Substation Maintenance personnel. Promote safety principles and procedures.
• Counsel associates, as required, and handle first step grievance meetings.
• Assign and direct work to accomplish the desired results in a safe, efficient and expeditious manner. Accept Substation Maintenance overtime, call out, and on call assignments.
• Willingness to respond outside of normal hours.
• Maintain and apply working knowledge of PSEG Standards for Business Controls and meet management's expectation for effective internal business controls.
• Ability to layout / supervise the work of others.
• Ability to train/instruct personnel in work practices and use of tools and equipment.
• Knowledge of applicable portions of Company/Union Agreement.
• Ability to recognize unusual conditions and take corrective action.
• Maintain and apply working knowledge of PSEG Policies and Practices and meet management's expectation for effective internal business controls.
Job Specific Qualifications
- Must obtain an acceptable score on the First Line Supervisor's Test (FLST) unless presently directly and supervising (i.e. responsible for performance review) operating department / represented associates for a minimum of 12 continuous months. For those who have previously taken and received an acceptable score on the FLST but who are not presently and directly supervising represented associates, test results will be valid for a maximum period of two years from the date the test was taken. Acceptable test results exceeding the two year period (for those applicants not presently and directly supervising represented associates) cannot be used in bidding on or applying for a first line supervisory position for which the test was validated.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in the construction and maintenance of relay equipment in Switching Stations, Substations, and outside plant facilities or the equivalent.
- Ability to read and understand schematics, wiring, and 1-line diagrams.
- Support work activities during & outside of normal working hours including response to system and weather events within and outside of the division as needed.
- High school graduate or equivalent;
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver's license.
- Team building skills.
- Knowledge of relay & control circuits design and functionality.
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships and interface with other groups in the Division as well as Asset Management and other P&C associates.
- Ability to assist with troubleshooting, identifying and analyzing abnormal equipment operations.
- Ability to read and understand control prints and how specific relay schemes operate.
Minimum Years of Experience
Certain positions at the Company may require you to have access to Part 810-Controlled Information. Under the law, the Company is limited in who it can share this information with and in certain circumstances it is necessary to obtain specific authorization before the Company can share this information. Accordingly, if the position does require access to this information, you must complete a 10 CFR Part 810 Export Control Compliance Nationality Request Form, a copy of which will be provided to you by Talent Acquisition if an offer is made. If there is a need for specific authorization, due to the time it takes to obtain authorization from the government, we will likely not be able to further proceed with an offer.
Candidates must foster an inclusive work environment and respect all aspects of diversity. Successful candidates must demonstrate and value differences in others' strengths, perspectives, approaches, and personal choices.
As an employee of PSE&G or PSEG LI, you should be aware that during storm restoration efforts, you may be required to perform functions outside of your routine duties and on a schedule that may be different from normal operations.
Certain positions at the Company may require you to have access to 10 CFR Part 810 controlled information. If the position does require access to this information, the Talent Acquisition representative will provide further details upon making an offer.
PSEG is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment, including the hiring process, based on any legally protected characteristic. Legally protected characteristics include race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law in locations where PSEG employs individuals.
Business needs may cause PSEG to cancel or delay filling position at any time during the selection process.
This site (http://www.pseg.com) is strictly for candidates who are not currently PSEG employees. PSEG employees must apply for jobs internally through emPower which can be accessed through [Register to View] by clicking on the emPower icon, then selecting careers.
PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES:
PSEG is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you have a disability and need assistance applying for a position, please call [Register to View] or email [Register to View] If you need to request a reasonable accommodation to perform the essential functions of the job, email [Register to View]