Shop Tech 2
Are you interested in being part of an innovative team that supports Westinghouse’s mission to provide clean energy solutions? At Westinghouse, we recognize that our employees are our most valuable asset and we seek to identify, attract and recruit the most qualified talent while recognizing and encouraging the value of diversity in the global workplace.
Shop Technician 2 PA
The qualified candidate must be able to apply knowledge of basic manufacturing theory and components. Ability to perform inspections, examinations, and tests according to documented procedures and industry practices.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Self-Starter / detail oriented
- Ability to read and write English.
- Ability to read, interpret and understand drawings, including GD&T.
- Ability to read and understand procedures and specifications.
- Ability to use basic inspection hand tools, such as micrometers, calipers, and comparators.
- Knowledge of CMM and or Optical Inspection equipment a plus.
- Proficient with use of computers; specifically, MS Office programs.
- SAP knowledge is a plus.
- Ability to inspect components using an open set up with minimal instructions.
- Strong Communication skills
- Willingness to perform tasks outside of quality, such as receiving material, packaging, and shipping coordination.
- Must be able to determine if the calibration status of inspection and measuring equipment is current; that the measuring and test equipment (M&TE) is in proper condition; and that the inspection, examination, and test procedures are approved.
- 3 to 5 years: Manufacturing / Inspection experience a plus
Daily / weekly Activities
- Working with manufacturing technicians when submitting first piece articles for inspection to audit equipment set up and verify drawing characteristics.
- Work with engineering / area manager to set weekly priorities and review status of in-process components.
- Receiving raw materials.
- Packaging finish machined components.
- Inspect in-process and final released product.
- Reviewing shipping documents
- Creating certificates of conformance
- Answering quality related questions
- Assist in product development and or product qualifications.
Who you are:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Associates Degree related to mechanical or machining, or equivalent is preferred.
- Knowledge of ANSI Y14.5, Six Sigma.
- Qualification and certification for Inspection to ANSI N45.2.6 Certification to Visual VT-1 Mechanical Experience with Inspection of electrical parts is preferred.
- Identify specialized education or training and/or experience.
Westinghouse Electric Company is the global nuclear energy industry’s first choice for safe, clean, and efficient energy solutions. We enable our delivery of this vision by living our value system:
- Safety and Quality
- Integrity and Trust
- Customer Focus and Innovation
- Speed and Passion to Win
- Teamwork and Accountability
Westinghouse offers competitive benefits to all our employees around the globe to keep them healthy and enhance their well-being. In the U.S. the following are representative of what we offer:
- Competitive Salary
- Comprehensive Health, Wellness and Income Protection Benefits
- 401(k) Savings Plan with Company Match
- Paid Vacations and Holidays
- Opportunities for Flexible Work Arrangements
- Educational Reimbursement Program
- Employee Referral Program
While our Global Headquarters are located in Cranberry Township, PA, we have over 9,000 employees working at locations in 19 different countries. You can learn more by visiting [Register to View] .
EOE of Minorities / Females / Vets / Disability.