PSEG Company: PSEG Services Corp.
Salary Range: $ 109,100 - $ 181,500
Incentive: PIP 15%
Work Location Category: Remote Local
PSEG operates under a Flexible Work Model where flexible work is offered when job requirements allow. In support of this model, roles have been categorized into one of four work location categories: onsite roles, hybrid roles that are a blend of onsite and remote work, remote local roles that are primarily home-based but require some level of purpose-driven in-person interaction and living within a commutable distance, and remote non-local roles that can be effectively performed remotely with the ability to work in approved states.
PSEG offers a unique experience to our more than 12,000 employees – we provide the resources and opportunities for career development that come with being a Fortune 500 company, as well as the attention, camaraderie and care for one another you might typically associate with a small business. Our focus on combatting climate change through clean energy technology, our new net zero climate vision for 2030 and enhanced commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion; and supporting the communities we serve make this a particularly exciting time to join PSEG.
The Nuclear Business Unit (NBU) Network Supervisor will lead and supervise a team of information technology professionals responsible for the operational support activities for Midrange infrastructure related work scope including systems management, ad-hoc operational requests, and problem / defect resolution. Provide day to day leadership and oversight to all Midrange infrastructure related activities. Lead and support the problem, defect, and incident management processes for platform production issues.
- Provide day to day leadership and oversight to all Midrange infrastructure related activities, which includes all (physical or virtual) technologies, such as Windows/Oracle based servers, database management, storage, cloud computing, and related management platforms.. Lead and support the problem, defect, and incident management processes for platform production issues. Support the release management process by managing and participating in production deployments. Meet/Exceed established SLAs and KPIs.
- Lead automation transformation to promote continuous improvement of the team, the PSEG IT midrange infrastructure, and business outcomes.
- Maintain a secure operating environment through patch management, audit, and security processes
Job Specific Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related discipline and at least 6 years of experience in Information Technology, with a minimum of 2 years in infrastructure support;
- Without a bachelor’s degree, a minimum of 12 years’ experience in midrange field
- In-depth knowledge of Midrange infrastructure technologies
- Excellent communication and consultative skills, and the ability to work effectively with client and IT management and staff.
- Broad understanding of Midrange infrastructure support.
- Three or more years of experience in an IT Operations role supporting Midrange infrastructure.
- Experience in vendor management in the day-to-day activities related to supporting critical systems.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain working relationships with peers, clients and vendors.
- Strong skills in project and problem management.
- Understanding of general IT standards, policies, best practices, guidelines, processes.
- Strong communications, consultative and interpersonal skills, including oral, written and presentation; teamwork, collaboration, facilitation, and negotiation, with the ability to work effectively with internal clients from various business organizations and lines of business, and IT management and staff.
- Able to partner effectively with a wide range of teams, including business leaders, delivery teams, etc.
- Master’s degree in Information Systems or Masters of Business Administration
- Self-starter with the demonstrated ability to quickly learn new technical concepts
Minimum Years of Experience
Bachelors in Computer Science
Certain positions at the Company may require you to have access to Part 810-Controlled Information. Under the law, the Company is limited in who it can share this information with and in certain circumstances it is necessary to obtain specific authorization before the Company can share this information. Accordingly, if the position does require access to this information, you must complete a 10 CFR Part 810 Export Control Compliance Nationality Request Form, a copy of which will be provided to you by Talent Acquisition if an offer is made. If there is a need for specific authorization, due to the time it takes to obtain authorization from the government, we will likely not be able to further proceed with an offer.
Candidates must foster an inclusive work environment and respect all aspects of diversity. Successful candidates must demonstrate and value differences in others' strengths, perspectives, approaches, and personal choices.
As an employee of PSE&G or PSEG LI, you should be aware that during storm restoration efforts, you may be required to perform functions outside of your routine duties and on a schedule that may be different from normal operations.
Certain positions at the Company may require you to have access to 10 CFR Part 810 controlled information. If the position does require access to this information, the Talent Acquisition representative will provide further details upon making an offer.
PSEG is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment, including the hiring process, based on any legally protected characteristic. Legally protected characteristics include race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law in locations where PSEG employs individuals.
Business needs may cause PSEG to cancel or delay filling position at any time during the selection process.
This site (http://www.pseg.com) is strictly for candidates who are not currently PSEG employees. PSEG employees must apply for jobs internally through emPower which can be accessed through [Register to View]
by clicking on the emPower icon, then selecting careers.
PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES:
PSEG is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you have a disability and need assistance applying for a position, please call [Register to View]
or email [Register to View]
If you need to request a reasonable accommodation to perform the essential functions of the job, email [Register to View]
[Register to View]