PSEG Company: PSEG Long Island
Salary Range: $ 109,100 - $ 181,500
Incentive: PIP 15%
Work Location Category: Remote Local
PSEG operates under a Flexible Work Model where flexible work is offered when job requirements allow. In support of this model, roles have been categorized into one of four work location categories: onsite roles, hybrid roles that are a blend of onsite and remote work, remote local roles that are primarily home-based but require some level of purpose-driven in-person interaction and living within a commutable distance, and remote non-local roles that can be effectively performed remotely with the ability to work in approved states.
PSEG offers a unique experience to our more than 12,000 employees – we provide the resources and opportunities for career development that come with being a Fortune 500 company, as well as the attention, camaraderie and care for one another you might typically associate with a small business. Our focus on combatting climate change through clean energy technology, our new net zero climate vision for 2030 and enhanced commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion; and supporting the communities we serve make this a particularly exciting time to join PSEG.
This position is an experienced, senior level, hands-on technical lead, performing IT security functions and maintaining systems, while providing technical guidance to the team. Manages information security technologies such as antivirus, IDS/IPS, endpoint detection & response, DLP, data encryption, proxies, and network access control, as well as security policies and procedures, and incident response. Provides technical expertise and support to IT management and staff in cybersecurity threat risk assessments, development, testing and the implementation and operation of appropriate information security plans, procedures, and control techniques designed to prevent, minimize or quickly recover from cyber-attacks or other serious events.
• Leads and manages security engineering technologies including network, endpoint, data security, Identity and access management, as well as cloud and OT security.
• Provides technical expertise in threat/risk assessments
• Defines, designs, and implements strategies to protect against emerging threats using security tools
• Responds to security incidents as needed
• Performs security reviews on new technologies and changes to existing technologies
o Manages information security technologies including antivirus, IDS/IPS,, endpoint detection & response, DLP, data encryption, proxies, and network access control, as well as security policies and procedures, and incident response.
o Provides technical expertise and support to clients, IT management and staff in cybersecurity threat risk assessments, development, testing and the implementation and operation of appropriate information security plans, procedures, and control techniques designed to prevent, minimize or quickly recover from cyber-attacks or other serious events.
Job Specific Qualifications
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Cyber Security, Engineering or related technical field and 8 or more years of experience in information security or related IT experience
In lieu of a degree, 12 or more years of experience in information security or related IT experience
• Must be able to perform as a hands-on technical lead performing IT security functions and maintaining systems, while providing technical guidance to the team.
• Must demonstrate strong incident response and threat analysis experience, including SIEM technology. Proficient in defining processes and procedures for incident response.
• Must follows cyber security news and alerts, understands complex attack vectors and risks, and identifies and evaluates emergent cyber security threats and vulnerabilities. Recommends appropriate corrective actions for information security incidents and provides risk mitigation recommendations to management and team.
• Experience with cloud computing and can implement strong security to protect cloud first environment.
• Experience designing process flows to be implemented in security automation tools to automatically respond to threats quickly and effectively.
• Experience reviewing complex architecture design diagrams and documents for new technologies and changes to existing technologies to determine risks and provide recommendations and mitigations.
• Must be able to works independently with little or no supervision.
• Must demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Must have excellent leadership, technical teamwork, and interpersonal skills.
• Must be willing to work in strong team environment, constantly teaching and learning from other team members.
• Must be able to foster working relationships with the team, IT Management and Client departments.
• Must demonstrate the ability to explain technical concepts to the business users in the context of business requirements.
• Must have technical experience including: information / data / network / computer security design, administration and/or assessment.
• Must have broad knowledge of information systems including Windows security, network security, systems development, communication networks, security software/hardware and operating systems.
• Must have experience with key information security technologies such as SIEM, firewalls, intrusion detection/prevention systems, vulnerability assessment, encryption, identity and access control systems, anti-malware, and security event analysis.
• Must have strong Leadership, planning and organizing skills and be results oriented
• Must demonstrate strong interpersonal, organizational, managerial, financial management and leadership skills.
• Security certifications in incident response, cyber investigation, forensics, or threat hunting.
• Programming Experience in Python
Please Note the Following:
• Approximately 5% Travel required
• NERC CIP position, requires NERC CIP background investigation prior to start
Minimum Years of Experience
Certain positions at the Company may require you to have access to Part 810-Controlled Information. Under the law, the Company is limited in who it can share this information with and in certain circumstances it is necessary to obtain specific authorization before the Company can share this information. Accordingly, if the position does require access to this information, you must complete a 10 CFR Part 810 Export Control Compliance Nationality Request Form, a copy of which will be provided to you by Talent Acquisition if an offer is made. If there is a need for specific authorization, due to the time it takes to obtain authorization from the government, we will likely not be able to further proceed with an offer.
Candidates must foster an inclusive work environment and respect all aspects of diversity. Successful candidates must demonstrate and value differences in others' strengths, perspectives, approaches, and personal choices.
As an employee of PSE&G or PSEG LI, you should be aware that during storm restoration efforts, you may be required to perform functions outside of your routine duties and on a schedule that may be different from normal operations.
Certain positions at the Company may require you to have access to 10 CFR Part 810 controlled information. If the position does require access to this information, the Talent Acquisition representative will provide further details upon making an offer.
PSEG is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment, including the hiring process, based on any legally protected characteristic. Legally protected characteristics include race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law in locations where PSEG employs individuals.
Business needs may cause PSEG to cancel or delay filling position at any time during the selection process.
This site (http://www.pseg.com) is strictly for candidates who are not currently PSEG employees. PSEG employees must apply for jobs internally through emPower which can be accessed through [Register to View]
by clicking on the emPower icon, then selecting careers.
PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES:
PSEG is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you have a disability and need assistance applying for a position, please call [Register to View]
or email [Register to View]
If you need to request a reasonable accommodation to perform the essential functions of the job, email [Register to View]
[Register to View]