PSEG Company: Public Service Electric & Gas Co.
Salary Range: $ 70,200 - $ 115,800
Incentive: PIP 10%
Work Location Category: Remote Local
PSEG operates under a Flexible Work Model where flexible work is offered when job requirements allow. In support of this model, roles have been categorized into one of four work location categories: onsite roles, hybrid roles that are a blend of onsite and remote work, remote local roles that are primarily home-based but require some level of purpose-driven in-person interaction and living within a commutable distance, and remote non-local roles that can be effectively performed remotely with the ability to work in approved states.
PSEG offers a unique experience to our more than 12,000 employees – we provide the resources and opportunities for career development that come with being a Fortune 500 company, as well as the attention, camaraderie and care for one another you might typically associate with a small business. Our focus on combatting climate change through clean energy technology, our new net zero climate vision for 2030 and enhanced commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion; and supporting the communities we serve make this a particularly exciting time to join PSEG.
We are seeking a motivated and detail-oriented Engineer to join PSE&G Planning department. As a member of our dynamic team, you will play a crucial role in developing and proposing future Distribution and Transmission system upgrades required to maintain system reliability for the short range and long range planning horizons. You will be responsible for performing various technical analyses, such as interconnection, load-flow, and short circuit studies, to evaluate and optimize the performance of PSE&G’s distribution and transmission system. Your expertise will contribute to determining future reinforcements and solutions to mitigate overloads and address other power system issues. This is an exciting opportunity to grow your career in power system planning and make a significant impact on PSE&G’s success.
- Conduct complex power system engineering studies to determine the limitations (thermal, voltage, short-circuit, and stability) of the PSE&G transmission and distribution system.
- Perform engineering analysis to assess the timing of the electric system reinforcements, ensuring the reliability and economic operation of the bulk power system.
- Analyze potential operating limitations and develop operating procedures to guide system operators.
- Evaluate the impact of new customer connections and distributed energy resources (DERs) on the distribution system, and propose appropriate mitigation measures.
- Prepare technical reports, presentations, and documentation summarizing analysis results, recommended solutions, and future reinforcement plans.
- Assist in developing and maintaining distribution system models, databases, and documentation to support planning activities.
- Maintain and apply a working knowledge of PSE&G business controls to meet management's expectations for effective internal controls.
- Collaborate closely with divisions and the PJM Regional Transmission Organization planning group to coordinate future expansion plans.
- Stay updated on industry standards, regulations, and emerging trends in power system planning, incorporating this knowledge to enhance planning methodologies and practices.
Job Specific Qualifications
- B. S. Degree in Engineering
- 2-4 years of relevant Utility experience
- Must possess a valid U.S. driver’s license and maintain a satisfactory driving record.
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a team environment
- Possess leadership skills, professionalism and customer/client focus
- Must have effective problem-solving and decision-making skills, strong planning and organizing skills, must be adaptable and results-oriented.
- Must have strong written and verbal communications skills
- Must be willing to work OT as Required and perform on-call/emergency support as needed
- Strong computer skills in MS Office applications
- Must foster an inclusive work environment and respects/encourages all aspects of diversity
- Must demonstrate and value differences in others’ strengths, perspectives, approaches, and personal choices.
- Advanced degree or technical training
- Utility experience
Minimum Years of Experience
Certain positions at the Company may require you to have access to Part 810-Controlled Information. Under the law, the Company is limited in who it can share this information with and in certain circumstances it is necessary to obtain specific authorization before the Company can share this information. Accordingly, if the position does require access to this information, you must complete a 10 CFR Part 810 Export Control Compliance Nationality Request Form, a copy of which will be provided to you by Talent Acquisition if an offer is made. If there is a need for specific authorization, due to the time it takes to obtain authorization from the government, we will likely not be able to further proceed with an offer.
Candidates must foster an inclusive work environment and respect all aspects of diversity. Successful candidates must demonstrate and value differences in others' strengths, perspectives, approaches, and personal choices.
As an employee of PSE&G or PSEG LI, you should be aware that during storm restoration efforts, you may be required to perform functions outside of your routine duties and on a schedule that may be different from normal operations.
Certain positions at the Company may require you to have access to 10 CFR Part 810 controlled information. If the position does require access to this information, the Talent Acquisition representative will provide further details upon making an offer.
PSEG is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment, including the hiring process, based on any legally protected characteristic. Legally protected characteristics include race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law in locations where PSEG employs individuals.
Business needs may cause PSEG to cancel or delay filling position at any time during the selection process.
This site (http://www.pseg.com) is strictly for candidates who are not currently PSEG employees. PSEG employees must apply for jobs internally through emPower which can be accessed through [Register to View]
by clicking on the emPower icon, then selecting careers.
PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES:
PSEG is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you have a disability and need assistance applying for a position, please call [Register to View]
or email [Register to View]
If you need to request a reasonable accommodation to perform the essential functions of the job, email [Register to View]
[Register to View]