Mechanical Engineer - Segmentation & Dismantling Lead
Are you interested in being part of an innovative team that supports Westinghouse’s mission to provide clean energy solutions? At Westinghouse, we recognize that our employees are our most valuable asset and we seek to identify, attract and recruit the most qualified talent while recognizing and encouraging the value of diversity in the global workplace.
If this sounds like an environment you would thrive in, we have an exciting opportunity for a Segmentation & Dismantling Lead Engineer.
Please note, relocation is not provided for this position with option for remote for well quailfied applicants.
Radiation, Waste Management & Decommissioning (RWM&D) portfolio in GES is currently seeking a highly motivated Technical Leader to work on hi visibility RV/RVI dismantling and segmentation projects in the Americas. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated experience and ability to lead teams of engineers in designing of segmentation tooling, equipment, and processes as part of a broader engineering solution including creating of detailed procurement specifications, site procedures & methodologies, or technically advanced prototypes for Decommissioning and Dismantling (D&D) projects. This is considered a hybrid position based in the US or Canada.
• Accountable for leading engineering teams, has extensive engineering knowledge, is recognized as a subject matter expert in one or more engineering specialties and is capable of leading engineering efforts for tooling and equipment design (including 3D CAD) and on-site advisory supervision for field implementation in support of dismantling, segmentation, and packaging of NSSS components.
• Accountabilities typically include setting day-to-day operational objectives for individuals or teams, ensuring that policies, practices, and procedures are in place and followed in addition to oversight of cost and schedule adherence.
• Reports to Project or Program Manager of assigned project or projects. Work is highly independent with demonstrated capability of not only mentoring engineers, but also competence of effectively leading engineers in the execution of multi-discipline projects.
• Support researching ease of safe and effective ways to manufacture, availability of materials and equipment, interchangeability, etc. and can prepare detailed cost studies/estimates for assigned systems, tooling, structures, and components in support of business or offer development efforts.
• Analyze bid specifications and/or requirements to develop project specific deliverables and schedules for successful implementation and enhance customer satisfaction.
• Lead cost estimates in support of bid and proposal efforts in a role of a Technical Input Lead (TIL) by development of detailed technical specifications, scopes and, schedules for offers as well as by critiquing cost and scope inputs from multi-disciplinary groups.
• Proactively drive continuous improvement and recommend alterations to existing products, services and contribute to development of new methods and processes, as well as their introduction, roll-out and associated change management.
• Technical lead on innovation projects aligned with overall D&D business strategy, anticipated customers’ needs and technological advancements to maintain competitive edge of Westinghouse’s products and services.
• Participate or lead internal technical meetings or in presence of customers, such as but not limited to, corrective action meetings, operational experience & lessons learned, technical conferences, etc.
• Support Project Managers on resource demand estimates for GOS Engineering on a monthly basis for BU services backlog and committed opportunities.
Who You Are:
As a successful candidate, you will bring the following to the team:
• A bachelor's degree in engineering and/or technical discipline is required.
• Minimum 5-10 years
• P.E. is a plus but not mandatory
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Engineering or related field.
• Minimum 5-10 years of technical leadership experience in Engineering disciplines
• Proficiency with 3D CAD tools
• Strong organization and communication skills and a proven history of managing and effectively leading multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural teams and interfacing with multiple functional groups.
• Ability to build consultative relationships with customer, operations, maintenance and, engineering decision-makers to enhance Westinghouse’s position as premier value-added supplier.
• Willingness and ability to travel for project implementation, customer meetings, walk-downs, vendor meetings, industry conferences, etc. as required.
• Awareness of and ideally past participation in industry organizations related to implementation of D&D Products and Services.
• Persuasive ability to get customers to cooperate, grant approval or act.
• Consistent demonstration of driving for results.
• Power plant operations and/or maintenance experience is desirable.
• Demonstrate proficiency in one or more European languages besides English is a plus.
• Mastery of the office productivity tools including but not limited to Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Teams & SharePoint, D365, Power BI, SAP, OneNote, Outlook, etc...
Westinghouse Electric Company is the global nuclear energy industry’s first choice for safe, clean, and efficient energy solutions. We enable our delivery of this vision by living our value system:
- Safety and Quality
- Integrity and Trust
- Customer Focus and Innovation
- Speed and Passion to Win
- Teamwork and Accountability
Westinghouse offers competitive benefits to all our employees around the globe to keep them healthy and enhance their well-being. In the U.S. the following are representative of what we offer:
- Competitive Salary
- Comprehensive Health, Wellness and Income Protection Benefits
- 401(k) Savings Plan with Company Match
- Paid Vacations and Holidays
- Opportunities for Flexible Work Arrangements
- Educational Reimbursement Program
- Employee Referral Program
While our Global Headquarters are located in Cranberry Township, PA, we have over 9,000 employees working at locations in 19 different countries. You can learn more by visiting [Register to View] .
EOE of Minorities / Females / Vets / Disability.