Electrical Engineers - 2024 Summer Internships
Are you interested in being part of an innovative team that supports Westinghouse’s mission to provide clean energy solutions? At Westinghouse, we recognize that our employees are our most valuable asset and we seek to identify, attract and recruit the most qualified talent while recognizing and encouraging the value of diversity in the global workplace.
If this sounds like an environment you would thrive in, we have an exciting opportunities for Electrical Engineering Students/Graduates for our 2024 Summer Intern Program.
- Ability to work independently using basic knowledge obtained from core college courses
- Skills utilizing Software Packages such as Mathcad, Matlab, PSPice or equivalent and ability to learn other new packages quickly.
- Knowledge using Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, and Access
- Providing engineering design and/or analysis for nuclear products/projects including electrical system design, instrumentation and controls designs, and system wiring;
- Interfacing with other internal functional groups on similar engineering level to obtain information necessary to perform work assignments;
- Planning and scheduling work to meet assignment requirements.
- Ability to quickly learn to evaluate, select and utilize standards, techniques, procedures and criteria for development of engineering design documents including calculations and specifications.
Who You Are:
As a successful candidate, you will bring the following to the team:
- Pursuing or completed Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering Required (other Engineerng disciplines will not be considered for our Electrical Engineering Intern Positions).
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 strongly preferred.
- US Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Completion of Sophomore year college by May 2024
Westinghouse Electric Company is the global nuclear energy industry’s first choice for safe, clean, and efficient energy solutions. We enable our delivery of this vision by living our value system:
- Safety and Quality
- Integrity and Trust
- Customer Focus and Innovation
- Speed and Passion to Win
- Teamwork and Accountability
Westinghouse offers competitive benefits to all our employees around the globe to keep them healthy and enhance their well-being. In the U.S. the following are representative of what we offer:
- Competitive Salary
- Comprehensive Health, Wellness and Income Protection Benefits
- 401(k) Savings Plan with Company Match
- Paid Vacations and Holidays
- Opportunities for Flexible Work Arrangements
- Educational Reimbursement Program
- Employee Referral Program
While our Global Headquarters are located in Cranberry Township, PA, we have over 9,000 employees working at locations in 19 different countries. You can learn more by visiting [Register to View] .
EOE of Minorities / Females / Vets / Disability.