PSEG Company: PSEG Long Island
Salary Range: $ 53,000 - $ 95,400
Incentive: PIP 5%
Work Location Category: Remote Local
PSEG operates under a Flexible Work Model where flexible work is offered when job requirements allow. In support of this model, roles have been categorized into one of four work location categories: onsite roles, hybrid roles that are a blend of onsite and remote work, remote local roles that are primarily home-based but require some level of purpose-driven in-person interaction and living within a commutable distance, and remote non-local roles that can be effectively performed remotely with the ability to work in approved states.
PSEG offers a unique experience to our more than 12,000 employees – we provide the resources and opportunities for career development that come with being a Fortune 500 company, as well as the attention, camaraderie and care for one another you might typically associate with a small business. Our focus on combatting climate change through clean energy technology, our new net zero climate vision for 2030 and enhanced commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion; and supporting the communities we serve make this a particularly exciting time to join PSEG.
The Associate Analyst position supports PSEG Long Island’s Centralized Work Planning and Scheduling Team through participation in the development, implementation and maintenance of data driven enhancements in process, technology, and organization. This position provides technical, analytical and functional expertise to support all Work Planning and Scheduling activities across Transmission and Distribution (T&D) and supporting areas thru the utilization of systems and tools (e.g. Enterprise Asset Management System, Primavera P6, Consolidated Work and Scheduling Tool, SharePoint, Tableau, SQL, AWS...).
The Associate Analyst actively supports the creation, analysis and maintenance of the integrated work plan and the long-term workforce model; supports the development and maintenance of processes which identify and deploy the optimal workforce makeup, for both in-house and contractor resources; and reports and reviews actual performance against planned performance to operating groups in areas such as productivity, workplan adherence and overtime utilization.
- Support the creation, maintenance and analysis of the mid and long-term T&D integrated work plan, and the long-term workforce model
- Review pertinent work management performance information with operating areas. Identify and escalate areas of low performance and areas of opportunity for enhanced performance
- Support the discovery, development and implementation of enhanced processes and technologies used for work management and work planning
- Provide technical/analytical expertise and functional support in the areas of work planning and work management
Job Specific Qualifications
- Bachelors degree in Finance, Business, Mathematics/Statistics, Computer/Data Science or Engineering
- In lieu of a Bachelors degree, 2 years of analytical experince in both quantitative and qualitative analysis
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite including Access, Excel, Power Point or the ability to quickly gain proficiency with available tools (e.g. SAP, Maximo)
- Demonstrated ability to receive instructions, proactivly obtain clarification as needed, and complete assignments independently and effectively
- Ability to participate in the development, documentation and implementation of process, technology and organizational improvements
- Ability to work effectively across departmental boundaries
- Knowledge of monthly reporting processes, financial and/or work management
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to effectively communicate
- Must possess a valid U.S. driver’s license and maintain a safe driving record, with the ability to report to any location within the service territory to perform job responsibilities
- Ability to bend, climb stairs, report to any locaiton in the service territory, perform storm duties in inclement weather as assigned
- MBA, Masters of Science Degree or applicable advanced certification (e.g. PMI-PMP, PMI-PgMP,...)
- Experience interfacing between IT and Lines of Business, and ability to effectively develop and implement solutions
- Proficiency with SQL, AWS, Python, Tableau, PowerBI, Alteryx and other data and analytical tool sets
Minimum Years of Experience
Certain positions at the Company may require you to have access to Part 810-Controlled Information. Under the law, the Company is limited in who it can share this information with and in certain circumstances it is necessary to obtain specific authorization before the Company can share this information. Accordingly, if the position does require access to this information, you must complete a 10 CFR Part 810 Export Control Compliance Nationality Request Form, a copy of which will be provided to you by Talent Acquisition if an offer is made. If there is a need for specific authorization, due to the time it takes to obtain authorization from the government, we will likely not be able to further proceed with an offer.
PSEG is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment, including the hiring process, based on any legally protected characteristic. Legally protected characteristics include race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law in locations where PSEG employs individuals.
As an employee of PSEG you should be aware that during storm restoration efforts, you may be required to perform functions outside of your routine duties and on a schedule that may be different from normal operations.
For all roles, PSEG’s drug and alcohol testing program includes pre-employment testing, testing for cause, and post-incident/accident testing. For employees in federally regulated roles (including positions covered by USDOT, PHMSA, or NRC regulations), this also includes random testing. Although numerous states throughout the country have legalized marijuana/cannabis products recreationally and/or medically, it is prohibited for employees in federally regulated roles. Employees who are hired or transfer into a federally regulated role are subject to drug and alcohol testing, inclusive of marijuana. Please note that the use of CBD products may result in a positive drug test for THC/Marijuana and such use is not a legitimate medical explanation for such a positive result.
PSEG employees must apply for jobs internally through emPower which can be accessed through [Register to View]
by clicking on the emPower icon, then selecting careers. This site ([Register to View]
) is strictly for candidates who are not currently PSEG employees, with the exception of PSEG employees who do not have company email addresses.
PSEG is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you have a disability and need assistance applying for a position, please call [Register to View]
or email [Register to View]
style="font-size:14.0px">If you need to request a reasonable accommodation to perform the essential functions of the job, email [Register to View]
[Register to View]