Director, Specialty Finance Portfolio Mgmt,
Sterling National Bank is looking for someone to manage a portfolio of assigned borrowing. In this position, you will maintain on-going client relationship management, analyze and evaluate client borrower’s financial and collateral performance, review of clients adherence to all aspects of SNB’s loan documentation and credit approval conditions. Additionally you will ensure the timely communication and recommendations to Senior Product Managers of borrower requests and/or negative developments, and the development of the client relationship in a manner that enhances SNB’s ability to maximize new growth opportunities.
- Review and evaluate monthly borrower financial and collateral performance, including spreading and analyzing financial statements and budgets, reviewing collateral trends, evaluating borrower census trends, and verifying borrower compliance with all financial covenants and reporting requirements.
- Analyze client collection activity, collateral/loan summaries and confirm reported activity reconciles to borrower financial statement performance.
- On-going client relationship development and maintenance including client on-site visits, periodic client telephone visits, and utilization of available opportunities to be aware of opportunities for SNB to expand its role with those clients designated as “Strategic” or “Priority”.
- Integrate activities with the Operations, Collateral Analysts, Field Examiners, IT staff to ensure that SNB is aware of, properly maintaining, and otherwise pro-active in determining appropriate client collateral reserves, offsets and other aspects impacting SNB’s collateral base.
- Prepare and actively participate in periodic Credit Reviews with Senior Management with the goal of reporting on borrower financial performance to underwritten expectations, key collateral trends, reevaluate the appropriateness of SNB‘s designated risk ratings, and other risk management and relationship issues of importance.
- Prepare Credit Offering Memos and/or Credit Reviews/Modifications as needed to address client needs and to comply with SNB’s policies and procedures. In addition the PM will integrate his/her activities with the Legal Department and outside counsel to maintain documents reflecting SNB commitments.
- Actively participate in the New Deal process, including reviewing the COM, LSA, Field Exam Survey, and DACA as well as initiating, as necessary, an introduction with the borrower personnel. The PM will also assist and direct the Operations Group in the preparation of the initial Borrowing Base, assist with obtaining an executed DACA and establishing collection accounts and establishing covenant compliance procedures with the borrower. The PM will also assume primary responsibility for follow-up for post-closing items, receipt of cash collections by SNB and orientation of the new borrowers to SNB reporting requirements.
- Ensure compliance with all regulations, policies, and procedures.
- For this position, you must have at least 4 years of experience in specialty finance lending.
- Candidates with advanced degrees (Associates, Bachelor’s, and/or Master’s) preferred, yet a High School diploma or GED is required. Candidates with some combination of coursework and experience, or else extensive related professional experience, are eligible for consideration
- Strong demonstrated credit, interpersonal and written communication skills
- Outstanding analytical skills and computer competency with common application software (Word, Excel) are a must
- Ability to anticipate both client and internal SNB needs are important as well as the ability to recommend solutions to unusual situations.