Associate Procurement Manager, Rigid Plastics NA
Background & Purpose of the Job
Part of the Supply Chain family, Procurement is responsible for over 30B Euro of material and services spend globally with more than 60,000 suppliers. Getting the right materials and services, sustainably sourced and ensuring responsible procurement is critical to ensuring our brands with purpose grow. Our teams work closely with the business to understand stakeholders needs, bring innovation to meet changing consumer, employees and customers needs, and drive financial value for Unilever through competitive buying. We’re at the forefront of digital procurement, bringing new tools and analytics to drive data-based decisions.
Our strategy is ‘Procurement with Purpose’ and focuses on buying responsibly, buying better, and growing together with partners around the world. Our ambition is based on three key drivers: being Purpose-Led, Value-Driven, and Future-Fit.
Purpose of the Job
As the Associate Procurement Manager, Rigid Plastics NA, you are the voice of Procurement internally to the partnering functions and our external partners. You will be responsible for fully managing projects within the Rigid Plastics portfolio in NA across various structures and brands. This position reports into the Associate Director for Rigid Plastics, NA.
Who You Are & What You’ll Do
You’re a Leader and Influencer: Strong at selling ideas to your business partners, internally and externally, translating these into effective proposals conveying the total value and communicating it accordingly.
You’re a change maker: Listen to your stakeholders needs and provide workable solutions in line with corporate objectives. Outstanding in idea generation, ideas that are forward thinking, and that contribute to creating sustained competitive advantage in Procurement Value.
You’re a culture & change champion: Behave as a Partner with Purpose ambassador and demonstrate the value Procurement adds to the business. Leading the Unilever’s packaging sustainably business model, connected with Unilever and the business agenda to deliver our Sustainability program for plastic- less, better, and no plastic solutions.
You’re a dot connector: Outstanding in execution – have an eagle-eye for detail and uses the Innovator’s DNA – act as an entrepreneur, finds creative solutions to roadblocks, adjusts plans based on data, sets trends and is willing to lead, follow or get out of the way. Embrace the Digital Agenda – utilizes and leverages digital insights to exploit opportunities, create new capabilities and bring value to UL
- Main job purpose: Professional sourcing of products/services within the Rigid Plastics portfolio in NA, meeting the specified needs of the Business at most competitive commercial terms and according to Unilever sustainable standards.
- Cost & Cash: Material Cost as a % of Turnover, Material Savings / Net Material Impact (NMI), Inflation mitigation, payment term extensions / reduction.
- Lead and implement strategic big bets & Smart Buying tools
- Partnership & Innovation: support launch of innovation projects by identifying supplier and setting commercial terms, partner with suppliers to present new ideas to the business.
- Operational Excellence: ensure suppliers deliver excellent quality & service, build resiliency in supply, spec sign-off, Responsible Sourcing Policy compliance, Quality compliance, etc.
- Support of Savings ideation programs unlocking value for UL for years to come.
- Deliver the sustainability ambition for NA plastics: recyclability, post-consumer resin (PCR) and reusability.
What You’ll Need To Succeed:
- BS/BA Degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain Mgmt, Engineering or relatable subject. MBA is a plus
- Minimum 2 years’ Procurement or Packaging Development experience
- Experience in strategic sourcing and contract negotiations
- Very Strong Analytical, Interpretation and Communication skills: data/information analysis and presentation. Ability to read markets and convey findings along with recommendations, to the business
- Proficiency in English , proficiency in Spanish is a plus
- Comfort with systems: SAP CLM, USQS, SRS, HANA, Ariba, Anaplan, Velocity etc.
- Pro-active, Complex stakeholder management & communication experience: across ranks and functions
- Knowledge and experience forecasting, planning processes, market operations, supply chains
- On the feet thinking, crisis management skills
What We Can Offer You
[Register to View] target="_blank" rel="noreferrer">Culture for Growthopens in a new window | [Register to View] target="_blank" rel="noreferrer">Top Notch Employee Health & Well Being Benefitsopens in a new window | [Register to View] target="_blank" rel="noreferrer">Every Voice Mattersopens in a new window | [Register to View] target="_blank" rel="noreferrer">Global Reachopens in a new window | [Register to View] target="_blank" rel="noreferrer">Life at Unileveropens in a new window | [Register to View] target="_blank" rel="noreferrer">Careers with Purposeopens in a new window | [Register to View] target="_blank" rel="noreferrer">World Class Career Development Programsopens in a new window | [Register to View] target="_blank" rel="noreferrer">Check Out Our Spaceopens in a new window | [Register to View] target="_blank" rel="noreferrer">Focus On Sustainabilityopens in a new window
Pay: The pay range for this position is $83,200 to $124,700. Unilever takes into consideration a wide range of factors that are utilized in making compensation decisions including, but not limited to, skill sets, experience and training, licensure and certifications, qualifications and education, and other business and organizational needs.
Bonus: This position is bonus eligible.
Long-Term Incentive (LTI): This position is LTI eligible.
Benefits: Unilever employees are eligible to participate in our benefits plan. Should the employee choose to participate, they can choose from a range of benefits to include, but is not limited to, health insurance (including prescription drug, dental, and vision coverage), retirement savings benefits, life insurance and disability benefits, parental leave, sick leave, paid vacation and holidays, as well as access to numerous voluntary benefits. Any coverages for health insurance and retirement benefits will be in accordance with the terms and conditions of the applicable plans and associated governing plan documents.
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include drug screening, background check, credit check and DMV check.
If you are an individual with a disability in need of assistance at any time during our recruitment process, please contact us at [Register to View] target="_blank" [Register to View] >opens in a new window. Please note: This email is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and is not a means of inquiry about positions or application statuses.