Solution Architect - BI Tools & Analytics
When you’re the best, we’re the best. We instill an environment where employees feel engaged, satisfied and able to contribute their unique skills and talents. We provide extensive opportunities for personal and professional development, building both employee competence and organizational capability to fuel exceptional performance now and in the future.
In this role, you will lead multiple software product teams to ensure consistent application of standard design and development practices. You will manage solution architecture development at a program level, facilitating changes in a coordinated fashion.
- Lead evaluation and selection of technologies.
- Help build proof of concepts (POCs) to incubate new technologies.
- Ensure industry, regulatory, and security standards and practices are followed.
- Advise business stakeholders on software design, translating requirements into secure, scalable, and reliable solutions.
- Design overall solution architecture for apps, data, security, infrastructure, and business continuity.
- Work within the engineering team to realize architectural goals and with peers to ensure the consistent architecture is maintained across the enterprise.
- Identify new frameworks, tools, and libraries to benefit the productivity of engineering teams.
- Maintain a repository of reference architectures that can be used by engineering teams.
- Advocate for architectural best practices and mentor engineering teams in adoption of new practices or solutions.
- Relevant degree preferred. Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related field a plus.
- 10+ years of experience in data ingestion, storage, processing and visualization
- Hands on experience with at least one Business Intelligence tool, Power BI preferred
- Experience designing, building, refactoring large scale analytics / BI platforms, data warehousing, MDM, etc
- Strong working knowledge of various data modeling techniques
- Speaker/Presenter/Evangelist of new technologies and streamlined/improved processes
- Experience with IaC frameworks like Terraform, Pulumi or ARM
- Strong knowledge of CI/CD, DevSecOps and Automation
- Good understanding of cloud PaaS services like security, monitoring, logging, scaling, caching, etc
- Builds relationships and credibility across both developer and business teams
- Experience to mentor and help grow junior and intermediate level developers, data engineers, data architects
- Experience in application migration from on premise to the cloud using rearchitecting and re-platforming approach preferred
Estimated Hiring Range:
This position is also incentive eligible.
Vizient has a comprehensive benefits plan! Please view our benefits here:
Equal Opportunity Employer: Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The Company is committed to equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender identity, ethnicity, age, national origin, sexual orientation, disability status, veteran status or any other category protected by applicable law.