Research Assistant I - Defense & Veterans Center for Integrative Pain Management
Join the HJF Team!
HJF is seeking a Research Assistant I to support the Defense & Veterans Center for Integrative Pain Management (DVCIPM) located at the Walter Reed National Military Medical Center (WRNMMC) and Uniformed Services University in Bethesda, MD. HJF provides scientific, technical, and programmatic support services to DVCIPM.
The incumbent will perform research and/or development in collaboration with others for projects. Provides laboratory and technical support to senior technical and professional staff. Solves less complex problems in carrying out research projects in a clinical or laboratory environment.
NOTE: All HJF employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Proof of vaccination or an approved religious or medical accommodation will be required.
- Performs research projects, including the collection and organization of data. Follows instructions and standard operating procedures. (50%)
- Performs data entry in accurate, timely, and efficient manner. Maintains clear and accurate data collection records and inventories in accordance with Good Clinical and/or Good Laboratory practices. (15%)
- Maintains supplies in the laboratory and ensures proper cleanliness and sanitation in accordance with Good Clinical and/or Good Laboratory practices. (25%)
- Creates, collects, disseminates, and maintains appropriate study data. (5%)
- Assists in the preparation of technical reports, summaries, and protocols. Creates and communicates detailed observations on experiments. (5%)
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned or directed by the supervisor. This may include attendance of and participation in required training for role.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Knowledge of standard laboratory techniques; ability to follow detailed instructions; good communication and analytical skills.
Minimum Education: Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a scientific discipline, required.
Minimum Experience/ Training Requirements: Minimum 0-2 years of experience required.
Work Environment: This job takes place in a laboratory environment.
Work Arrangement: 100% on-site.
Background/Security: U.S. citizenship required; eligible to obtain and maintain a Tier III Investigation/ Secret Clearance and Common Access Card (CAC).
Employment with HJF is contingent upon successful completion of a background check, which may include, but is not limited to, contacting your professional references, verification of previous employment, addresses, education, and credentials, a criminal background check, drug screening, and a department of motor vehicle (DMV) check.
Any qualifications to be considered as equivalents, in lieu of stated minimums, require the prior approval of the Chief Human Resources Officer.