Laboratory Research Intern - Gynecologic Cancer Center of Excellence
Join the HJF Team!
HJF is seeking a Laboratory Research Intern to support the Gynecologic Cancer Center of Excellence (GynCoe) located at Annandale, VA. HJF provides scientific, technical, and programmatic support services to GynCoe.
The incumbent will provide routine semi-technical work involving a variety of laboratory support duties. Work involves performance of a variety of laboratory tasks of minimal complexity to assist in the maintenance and operation of a research or analytical laboratory. Responsible for research and/or development in collaboration with others for projects. Provides laboratory and technical support to senior technical and professional staff.
NOTE: All HJF employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Proof of vaccination or an approved religious or medical accommodation will be required.
- Assists in assembling equipment and in preparing materials for experiments. Prepares reagents, solutions, and culture media.
- Maintains and provides custodial care for laboratory specimens, slides, models, equipment, supplies, and glassware
- Maintains laboratory equipment and supplies.
- Assists in conducting semi-routine experiments and analyses.
- Other team assignments.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned or directed by the supervisor. This may include attendance of and participation in required training for role.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Knowledge of basic laboratory equipment and supplies: ability to follow detailed instructions; ability to handle multiple tasks.
Minimum Education: High school diploma or GED required.
Minimum Experience/ Training Requirements: A minimum of 0-2 years of experience is required.
Work Environment: Lab Environment.
Work Arrangement: This position is 100% on site and has no teleworking capability.
Employment with HJF is contingent upon successful completion of a background check, which may include, but is not limited to, contacting your professional references, verification of previous employment, addresses, education, and credentials, a criminal background check, drug screening, and a department of motor vehicle (DMV) check.
Any qualifications to be considered as equivalents, in lieu of stated minimums, require the prior approval of the Chief Human Resources Officer.