Research Associate I - Radiology
Join the HJF Team!
HJF is seeking a Research Associate I to support the laboratory of Dr. Vincent Ho within the Radiology (RAD) department, within the Uniformed Services University (USU), located in Bethesda, MD. HJF provides scientific, technical, and programmatic support services to RAD.
Responsible for initiating and carrying out research projects in collaboration with a research team. Pursuits research along a focused line of inquiry and has a manuscript in development. Research activities will include working with diagnostic imaging in both preclinical and clinical settings.
NOTE: All HJF employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Proof of vaccination or an approved religious or medical accommodation will be required.
- Assists in designing, developing, executing, and implementing scientific research and/or development.
- Investigates the feasibility of applying a wide variety of scientific principles and theories to potential inventions and products.
- Performs specialized laboratory research utilizing experimental protocols which involves specialized procedures.
- Collects and handles samples and keeps detailed records of experiments.
- Assists with the preparation of data for presentations at scientific meetings and for publication in journals.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned or directed by the supervisor. This may include attendance of and participation in required training for role.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Knowledge of appropriate scientific area; ability to analyze and interpret data. Image post-processing experience required.
Minimum Education: Master’s degree in Computer science, Electrical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Medical Physics or related field required.
Minimum Experience/ Training Requirements: Minimum of 0-2 years of relevant experience is required.
Work Environment: Set within a laboratory work environment.
Work Arrangement: 100% Onsite
Background/Security: Eligibility to obtain and maintain a Tier I investigation/Public Trust and a Common Access Card (CAC).
Employment with HJF is contingent upon successful completion of a background check, which may include, but is not limited to, contacting your professional references, verification of previous employment, addresses, education, and credentials, a criminal background check, drug screening, and a department of motor vehicle (DMV) check.
Any qualifications to be considered as equivalents, in lieu of stated minimums, require the prior approval of the Chief Human Resources Officer.