Clinical Research Assistant I or II (Remote) (Part-Time) - Graduate School of Nursing
Join the HJF Team !
HJF is seeking a Clinical Research Assistant I or II support the Graduate School of Nursing (GSN) located at Uniformed Services University in Bethesda, Maryland. HJF provides scientific, technical and programmatic support services to GSN. This position will be 24 hours per week during the standard business day. This is a project based-position for a year with potential for extension.
This is a research position for a study on adjustment disorders in the military. Works within a multidisciplinary team of scientists and providers at the USUHS GSN and SoM to perform research support activities under the supervision of study PI and/or PI designee. Recruits and screens subjects for research studies. Collects baseline and follow up data from subjects. Maintains project records. Assists with eIRB activities.
NOTE: All HJF employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Proof of vaccination or an approved religious or medical accommodation will be required.
- Performs data collection, organization, and monitoring. Recruits and screens subjects for research studies. Collects baseline and follow up data from subjects. Checks for validity and accuracy of data ensuring compliance with quality assurance requirements and clinical relevance. (30%)
- Establishes and maintains database files and progress reports for studies, projects, and programs. May perform data analysis and interpretation under PI and/or designee supervision. (10%)
- Performs scientific literature searches, identification, and retrieval. (10%)
- Performs administrative duties such as: assisting in developing and submitting grants, papers and abstracts, manuscripts and presenting studies, developing protocol manuals and data collection instruments; participates in field visits; responds to requests and questions from individuals, institutions, government agencies and funding agencies and participates in the design of research studies. (20%)
- Assists with the preparation of manuscripts, reports, and presentations including editing and formatting documents. Distributes manuscripts and reports to all scientific collaborators as required (20%)
- Adheres to legal, professional, and ethical codes with respect to confidentiality and privacy. Assures that protocol requirements are achieved following IRB protocol. (10%)
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned or directed by the supervisor. This may include attendance of and participation in required training for role.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Knowledge of standard clinical research practice; ability to follow detailed instructions; good communication and analytical skills. Ability to understand and utilize scientific/medical terminology and research theory in both oral and written communications; Ability to use measurable and verifiable information for making decisions or judgments; Skill in statistical interpretation and data analysis using statistical software and/or spreadsheets and database software applications; Excellent organizational and project management skills.
Minimum Education: Bachelor’s degree required.
Minimum Experience/ Training Requirements:
- Level I: Minimum 0-2 year's experience required.
- Level II: Minimum 3-5 years’ experience required.
Work Environment: This is a remote position with required on-site travel to USU and approved sites in the DMV during patient recruitment.
Background/Security: Eligibility to obtain and maintain a Tier I investigation/Public Trust and a Common Access Card (CAC).
Employment with HJF is contingent upon successful completion of a background check, which may include, but is not limited to, contacting your professional references, verification of previous employment, addresses, education, and credentials, a criminal background check, drug screening, and a department of motor vehicle (DMV) check.
Any qualifications to be considered as equivalents, in lieu of stated minimums, require the prior approval of the Chief Human Resources Officer.