Pharmacist ATC ACB (1:30pm - 10pm)
The Division of Pharmacy at MD Anderson Cancer Center strives to be the industry leader in providing premier patient-centered care, based on excellence and innovation in patient care, services, research and education. We strive to ensure safe, effective and cost-conscious medication use and to work with our health care colleagues to promote optimal drug therapy outcomes through the development of integrated, quality programs.
1. Processes/reviews all orders/request accurately and efficiently, verifying appropriateness. Assures that all medications meet the highest standards in quality and preparation of final dosage form,
neatness and labeling.
2. Assures appropriateness of ordered medication by taking into account pertinent factors such as disease state, body surface area (BSA), age, height, weight and renal function.
3. Utilizes clinical information to facilitate the provision of pharmaceutical care functions such as order entry, verification, distribution and checking.
4. Optimizes patient care and customer service by fulfilling all required operational responsibilities including staffing beyond shift as needed to complete all team assignments.
5. Ability to flex schedule across areas and shifts based on operational needs.
6. ACB Coverage for Code Blue, requirement: ACLS certificate.
Leadership 1. Responsible for the production of all types of admixtures and verifies accuracy of procedures, labels and doses prior to doses
leaving the area. Assures that all admixtures meet the highest standards in quality and preparation of the final dosage form.
2. Provides supervision of immediate technical staff and residents working in the area including completion of job assignments, monitoring of lunch breaks, and assuring adherence to institutional
policies and procedures.
3. Follows and enforces standard operating procedures/safety standards (USP 797/USP800/NIOSH) when handling, preparing, and waste disposal of hazardous drugs. Reports and documents
chemotherapy spills and product defects.
4. Manages time efficiently to maintain high productivity.
5. Demonstrates strong communication within the team, support of other pharmacy team members and healthcare professionals.
6. Maintains positive attitude through behavior and a constructive outlook. Promotes team effort.
7. Pursue learning and self-development; actively seek feedback; transfer learning into next steps; set high standards of performance;
drive for results and achievement.
1. Understands the functions of each institutional and pharmacy information system and demonstrates an ability to effectively use each system. Anticipates and corrects problems and performs
appropriate follow up, such as placing Cherwell tickets.
2. Approach problems with curiosity and open-mindedness; offer new ideas, solutions and/or options.
3. Demonstrate technical proficiency required to do the job; possess up-to-date knowledge in the profession; provide technical expertise to others.
Other duties as assigned
Education Required: Bachelor's of Science degree in Pharmacy or Pharm.D. degree from an accredited college of pharmacy.
Preferred Education: Doctorate (Professional)
Certification: All of the following:
Texas State Board of Pharmacy Pharmacist license within 90 days of job entry.
American Heart Association (AHA) Basic Life Support (BLS) certification within 30 days of job entry.
American Heart Association (AHA) Advanced Cardiac Life Support(ACLS) certification within 90 days of job entry, if working in one of following departments: Pharmacy Inpatient (710348), Pharmacy ATC ACB (710355), Pharmacy-West Houston (710657) Pharmacy-The Woodlands (710480)
ACPE Sterile Products Certification.
Experience Required: None.
Preferred Experience: Two years of relevant pharmacy practice experience.
Onsite Presence: Is Required
It is the policy of The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center to provide equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local laws unless such distinction is required by law. [Register to View] Information
- Requisition ID: 150915
- Employment Status: Full-Time
- Employee Status: Regular
- FLSA: exempt and eligible for additional compensation for hours worked beyond your usual schedule, paid at a straight rate
- Work Week: Evening/Night
- Fund Type: Hard
- Work Location: Onsite
- Pivotal Position: No
- Minimum Salary: US Dollar (USD) 106,000
- Midpoint Salary: US Dollar (USD) 132,500
- Maximum Salary : US Dollar (USD) 159,000
- Science Jobs: No