Account Executive, Key Accounts - Seattle, WA
UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
When you're working to make the health care system better for everyone, you do things on a human level. Here at UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual, a part of the growing UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, we're creating transformative change that affects millions of people. But it all comes down to building relationships - one person at a time. As a Sr. Account Executive for Key Accounts, you'll be responsible for selling new, fully insured, and self-insured business in the 100+ employee segment.
- Sales representative for UHC Key Accounts is responsible for broker and direct sales to customers in the 200 – 5,000 employee range. The principle focus is the sale of new fully insured business, ASO business (both TPA and bundled) with indirect responsibility for the retention of existing accounts
- New Business Sales:
- Accountable for prospect from presale to implementation with extensive experience managing complex RFPs
- Ability to develop complex sales solutions: ASO, TPA, Network, High Performing Networks, Pharmacy, etc
- Proactive pipeline management
- Leads cross-functional team to achieve positive sales results
- Identifies opportunities for ancillary/Enterprise products on all new sales
- Travel as required
- Relationship Building:
- Collaborate with and develop key broker/consultant relationships
- Develop and maintain internal relationships across a matrixed organization
- Understand customer and broker needs and provide value-added consultation
- Identifies key brokers/consultants for management development
- Present a positive image of UHG in the marketplace
- Community involvement through professional organizations, associations and local organization
- Maintain current knowledge of all UHC products, services, and underwriting practices and principles
- Effectively communicate UHG/UHC strategies and mission to the marketplace
- Maintain knowledge of competitor products and services and how UHC can effectively differentiate ourselves
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent work experience
- Sales insurance license must be maintained as required by state law or ability to obtain upon hire
- 2+ years of insurance sales/account management experience, including selling or managing
- 2+ years of experience selling health care products through direct sales or brokers
- 2+ years of experience obtaining and exceeding sales goals
- 2+ years of experience building and maintaining positive, constructive working relationships with senior level executives both internally and externally
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Detailed experience selling 150+ EE complex opportunities
- Detailed knowledge of ASO self-funding arrangements and TPA platforms
- Detailed knowledge of network constructs, including discounts and High Performing Networks
- Detailed knowledge of pharmacy solutions
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual. We all want to make a difference with the work we do. Sometimes we're presented with an opportunity to make a difference on a scale we couldn't imagine. Here, you get that opportunity every day. As a member of one of our elite teams, you'll provide the ideas and solutions that help nearly 25 million customers live healthier lives. You'll help write the next chapter in the history of health care. And you'll find a wealth of open doors and career paths that will take you as far as you want to go. Go further. This is your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.