Landmark Health, part of the Optum and UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, was created to transform how healthcare is delivered to the most medically vulnerable members in our community. Our medical group provides home-based medical care to chronically ill patients, many of whom are ill-equipped to navigate our overwhelming healthcare system.
This position is responsible for driving one or more Landmark employees to various locations, primarily patient residences, throughout New York City.
- Responsible for driving company employees to appointments
- Provides courteous, friendly service in greeting and transporting company employees
- Optimizes travel through knowledge of local geography and traffic patterns
- Follows safety policies & procedures; complies with all state & federal laws
- Prepares route and vehicle prior to departure; arrives early & on time; completes paperwork at end of shift
- At times, the Driver may be required to escort the employee to the appointment when safety concerns arise
- Supervises operation, maintenance, appearance, and service of the vehicle
- Supports office activities and projects (e.g., sample drop-offs/pickups, admin office tasks, PPE prep etc.)
- Other duties as assigned
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 2+ years in a driver position
- Compliance with all the terms of the Landmark Motor Vehicle Safety policy
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Demonstrated ability to have excellent attention to detail
- Experience utilizing excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Positive attitude, and excellent interpersonal skills (i.e., successfully listen, observe, and interact with clients, colleagues, etc.)
- Regular requirement to sit; use hands to touch, handle or feel
- Regular requirement to talk and listen
- Regular requirement to stand; walk and reach with hands and arms
- Occasional requirement to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- Vision abilities include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
- Ability to travel frequently by car
- Will require regular travel to patient residences
- Noise level is usually moderate
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So, when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.