Software QA Engineer, Bioinformatics, remote
Look for more than answers.
At Quest, we are on a continuous journey of discovery and development. It’s this attitude that has made us an industry leader and the #1 Diagnostic Lab in the US. For those joining us, we offer exciting and fast moving career opportunities where you can affect change at a rate unheard of in many organizations of our size and scope. While we invest in and develop technology to drive our innovations, our ongoing success relies on our people.
Quest Diagnostics Specialty Genetics Testing products provide specific answers that clinicians need to deliver the appropriate diagnostic and prognostic care to their patients. As a Software QA Engineer in our Bioinformatics team, you will work for the world leader in the industry, with a career where you will have the opportunity to collaborate and affect change while expanding your leadership skills and technical knowledge. You can make a real impact in a market that is growing and developing.
Software QA Engineer, the role:
You will be a member of an agile team that develops, tests, and deploys innovative software that connects our data analysis pipelines with our ordering and lab workflow system for specialty genetics testing. In this role you will make a direct impact on patient care and support the development of novel products.
This professional can work remotely.
• You will help test existing and new web applications in the Bioinformatics space, involving laboratory workflows in specialty testing, including genomics
• Connect web applications through APIs with other systems
• Connect to MySQL/SQLServer databases
• Use Docker to build environment independent software
• Build dashboards and reports
• Build solutions for On-prem and AWS cloud
• Support testing and documentation
To qualify, the ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
• B.S. in Computer Science, Software Engineering or a related field
• At least 3 years of object-oriented programming web applications in PHP required. Laravel framework experience a plus, and/or willingness to learn Laravel
• At least 2 years of MySQL or equivalent database development and programming experience.
• At least 2 years of designing, writing, and executing software tests, including unit, integration, functional, end-to-end tests.
• Ability to interpret and decompose business logic as part of test case design.
• At least 1 year designing and implementing browser-based testing using Cypress, Jest, or equivalent.
• Good understanding of source code management using Git, Github or Gitlab in an Agile DevOps CI/CD environment.
• A good understanding of Unix/Linux fundamentals (Ubuntu, Redhat/CentOS or Debian), basic networking principles and scripting (bash, Perl).
• Willingness to learn, debug and work at solving challenging, yet fun problems.
Join us for competitive benefits and development opportunities in a progressive and supportive environment. Help us improve our service, and the experiences of our patients and colleagues. Work with us and together we can be better.
Your Quest career. Seek it out.
All requirements are subject to possible modifications to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Quest Diagnostics is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans / Disabled / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity.