API Business Development Manager - Telecommute
UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The API Business Development Manager provides management of third-party vendor programs and relationships, impacting Application Programming Interface (API) operations for Small Group, Key Account, National Account and Public Sector clients and brokers.This role acts as a service liaison between Broker & Employer Operations (BEO) and these vendors. A critical component of this position is the ability to establish priorities based upon Market dynamics, API Operations development priorities, needs of sales and account management (health plans). The API Business Development Manager also has accountability for providing monthly and quarterly executive business updates and plans across their scope.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Responsible to provide API related process direction and improvement ideas across small business, key accounts, and national accounts
- Maintain ongoing global vendor / partner relationships with prioritized API firms
- Represent E&I Eligibility Operational platforms, support program and relationship strategic oversight for all markets and lines of business (Small Group, Key Account, National Account, Public Sector vendors, clients and brokers)
- Support Sales/Health Plan Engagement and other Internal Functional Partners
- Support program metrics
- Educate, promote adherence to API processing standards
- Identify and support book of business growth opportunities
- Communicate platform and technology changes, or other strategic changes to vendors/brokers
- Coordinate and communicate API best practices
- Annually, conduct surveys, discovery sessions, or send questionnaires to vendors/brokers capture feedback
- Maintain documented nuances / profiles for understanding key API partners
- Communicate API partner trends or process changes to operations
- Act as a Subject Matter Expert: support inquiries from internal UHC partners such as: Requests for Proposal; Marketing; Digital Modernization; Sales; Implementation; Client Services, etc
- Support escalations, triage, assist with issue resolution
- Manage Vendor / Partner issue intake – research and work with appropriate internal partners to identify a solution
- Provide general project management services
- Negotiate favorable outcomes for both external and internal parties
- Deliver presentations to venders, clients, or brokers in support of UHC vendor API capabilities
- Conduct external vendor meetings to ensure partnerships, gain market knowledge and insight, and address any issues identified internally or externally as it pertains to vendor API interactions
- Complete project work as assigned accurately and within specified deadlines
- Participate in relevant training opportunities that will enhance market partnerships
- Other projects and tasks as delegated by leadership
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent work experience
- Solid project management skills and customer centric attitude
- Demonstrated knowledge of administration vendors and the role that they play in client/member data and on-boarding
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Enrollment/Eligibility understanding
- Visio proficiency
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, competent in presentation of materials
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies now require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 5 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near-obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans where ever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that's second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $82,100 to $146,900. The salary range for Connecticut/Nevada residents is $90,500 to $161,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.