Lead Financial Analyst - Eden Prairie, MN
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Lead Financial Analyst will support the OptumRx Direct to Consumer channel and will be a highly visible role. This role will include a wide variety of responsibilities within financial, planning and analysis (FP&A) spanning analytics for potential growth projects, developing processes and procedures for new products, lead financial analysis necessary for contract negotiations, and other task to support the growth of the business through the finance function. This position will have responsibilities spanning two divisions. This role will also support building and maintaining forecast and analytics models, providing insights into monthly and real time trends in addition to creating and supporting presentations and materials for executive leadership. This role has a front row seat to the full financial picture of OptumRx Direct to Consumer and will provide critical and timely insights to drive business decisions.
- Perform complex financial modeling, data analysis, and business planning in support of the OptumRx Direct to Consumer Channel forecast, budget, and long-range plan
- Work with divisional finance lead on a wide variety of projects focused on business improvements, growth drivers, and analytical efficiencies
- Collaborate with key business partners across the organization to support forecast assumptions, share insights and scenario sensitivities
- Delivers weekly projections and variance analytics on business performance while collaborating with cross-functional leaders to garner new insights and progress updates
- Prepares month end, and quarter close business performance reports, including variance explanations and forward-looking performance estimates
- Seeks out new opportunities for continuous improvement and efficiency
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance or Accounting or related field
- 5+ years of progressive financial planning and analysis (FP&A), Mergers and Acquisitions (M&A), Investment Banking, or Consulting experience
- Solid analytic background, attention to details, experience managing big data sets
- Solid executive presence, communication and influencing skills with internal and external stakeholders
- Solid ability to work collaboratively and influence across a matrix environment
- Intermediate to advanced level of proficiency with Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Financial modeling experience
- Demonstrated high degree of initiative and self-motivation
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Tableau or other data visualization software experience
- Solid quantitative and analytical skills, complimented by an entrepreneurial and growth-oriented mindset
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.