Banking Analyst - Telecommute
UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
As a Banking Analyst, you will be responsible for complex financial operations, including daily responsibilities. You will be accountable for the resolution of issues via multiple layers of management and staff. Effective time management, adherence to turnaround times and accuracy, are a must. You will be responsible for daily account monitoring and problem resolution within assigned business process, platform or segment. You may be customer, provider, broker or legal counsel facing and must ensure financial accuracy across transactions. Accountable for accurate and in-depth analyses for the assigned book of business, platform or region. Represent functional area as part of an overall management team.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Work independently on well-understood assignments and/or responsibilities
- Interface with other departments to resolve problems
- Maintain funding performance for overdrawn and underfunded bank accounts, analyze deficiencies, work with customers to resolve funding issues, and follow established escalation process
- Provide timely turnaround and perform accurate transactions across the business
- May manage and balance interfaces, engage business partners and/or cross-functional teams for error resolution, and work with business partners to meet critical deadlines
- Ensure proactive customer solutions/service within established timeframes that meet the financial objectives of the business
- Review and reconcile data as required
- Support and provide coverage for other team members
- Investigate issues thoroughly using high-level decision-making skills
- Perform quality entries and account setups
- Run and analyze relevant system queries
- Maintain effective working relationships within and outside of ASO Banking
- Participate in customer banking audits
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- BA/BS degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or related field and/or equivalent education and experience
- Ability to pull and analyze data, recommending remediation to issues
- Ability to interface with all levels of internal and external management to build relationships and address sensitive issues
- Demonstrated excellent customer service skills
- Demonstrated solid written and verbal communication skills
- Proven solid interpersonal and organizational skills
- Proven effective analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast-paced team environment with solid attention to detail
- Demonstrated competency in Excel and Word, along with other Microsoft Office suite of applications
- 1+ years of relevant experience
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 5 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near-obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans wherever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that's second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $45,100 to $80,200. The salary range for Connecticut/Nevada residents is $49,800 to $88,200. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.