Come join Nursing Excellence with the Hematology Team at MD Anderson Cance Center!!!!
Are you seeking a Clinical Nurse Residency opportunity? Come join one of the Hematology Units at MD Anderson Cancer Center! All Clinical Nurses at MD Anderson receive shift flexibility, work life balance, competitive pay and benefits, and professional and educational growth opportunities.
The Clinical Nurse Residency classes will be held once a month for 8 hours, from 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., in addition to your regular work schedule.
Starting Pay is $59,400 base salary plus annual $8,320 Unit Based Differential. Shift Differential pay is aslo available.
MD Anderson offers our nurses:
- Three 12 hour shifts per week, 1872 hours per year (minimum)
- $8,320 annual inpatient differential, added to your base annual rate
- Paid employee medical benefits (zero premium) starting on first day
- Minimum 16.5 days paid leave in first year (PTO & holidays)
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Teacher's Retirement System defined-benefit pension plan
- Employer paid short-term disability, life & accidental death insurance
- Certification pay and State of Texas longevity pay
- No State income tax
- Relocation assistance
Ideal candidate must have graduated from an accredited school of professional nursing and recently passed NCLEX. Candidate will be responsible for assisting with admissions, discharges, and being an additional resource to the unit.
Shift preference: 7pm-7am and/or 7am-7pm and 26 out of 52 weekends per year
Essential Job Functions:
Accountable for the management and provision of patient care in assigned area. Assesses patient's needs for nursing care and multidisciplinary team. Collaborates with physicians, other services, patient and patient's family to plan care and evaluate outcomes. Improves practice by integrating results and theories of research studies. Participates in data collection for current studies. Demonstrates clinical competency and compassion in providing care, using technology, administering medications, performing procedures and managing emergencies. Documents care according to established standards. Accesses, inputs and retrieves information from Computer systems. Assures continuity of care through appropriate discharge planning, patient education and coordination of services. Acts as a patient and family advocate in order to uphold patient rights. Trains, coaches and assists team members to ensure optimum patient care and efficient use of resources.
Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: Graduation from an accredited school of professional nursing.
EXPERIENCE: No experience required. All clinical nurses with less than one year registered nurse (RN) work experience will be required to participate in the Clinical Nurse Residency Program. Current State of Texas Professional Nursing license (RN). Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification and Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) certification if working in the following department: Nrsg Post Anesthesia Care Unit (600160).
It is the policy of The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center to provide equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local laws unless such distinction is required by law. [Register to View]
- Requisition ID: 152257
- Employment Status: Full-Time
- Employee Status: Regular
- FLSA: exempt and eligible for additional compensation for hours worked beyond your usual schedule, paid at a time and a half rate
- Work Week: Day/Evening, Evening/Night, Rotating, Weekends
- Fund Type: Hard
- Work Location: Onsite
- Pivotal Position: No
- Minimum Salary: US Dollar (USD) 66,000
- Midpoint Salary: US Dollar (USD) 90,000
- Maximum Salary : US Dollar (USD) 114,000
- Science Jobs: No