Research Technician - Immunology
- Performs basic molecular biology techniques.
- Maintains clean and neat work area in laboratory to ensure efficient functioning and pleasant/safe work environment.
- Disposes of biohazardous waste.
- Assists in the preparation of media for the laboratory.
- Follows written instructions/operations manuals.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Maintains and establishes tissue culture cell lines, which requires good sterile technique and ability to determine cell counts and cell viability using microscope and hemocytometer.
- Prepares sterile media and solutions.
- Prepares cells for cryogenic storage and subsequent re-establishment of viable cell lines. Packs and mails cell lines to collaborators using dry ice.
- Successfully completes training and certification by the Department of Veterinary Medicine to handle and work with live animals, primarily mice, in a safe and humane manner, following institutional guidelines for disposal of dead animals, biohazards and used needles.
- Key duties include setting up breeding, transferring cages between rooms, ear tagging and tail snipping; updating lab, breeding, and genotyping records.
Required: High school diploma or equivalent.
Preferred: Bachelor's degree.
Required: Two years of research experience. With preferred degree, no experience required.
It is the policy of The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center to provide equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local laws unless such distinction is required by law. [Register to View] Information
- Requisition ID: 152318
- Employment Status: Full-Time
- Employee Status: Regular
- FLSA: non-exempt, eligible for overtime, and is subject to the provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
- Work Week: Days
- Fund Type: Soft
- Work Location: Onsite
- Pivotal Position: No
- Minimum Salary: US Dollar (USD) 31,200
- Midpoint Salary: US Dollar (USD) 37,200
- Maximum Salary : US Dollar (USD) 43,200
- Science Jobs: No